Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with ordering  (Read 3691 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

borfoo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Problems with ordering
« on: November 18, 2008, 04:13:29 am »

Hello everyone,


Looking for some quick advice. I placed a merchandise order on achewood.com back when they were offering the 7th anniversary Ts (1-2 months ago?) and haven't heard from them since. I've sent 3 emails over the last few weeks to orders@achewood.com just asking for a status update and haven't had a reply. I include the paypal transaction ID in the email.
I placed a couple of orders a few years ago without a hitch so I'm surprised at the service.

Any ideas? Anyone had this issue? Any chance of seeing my money again?



Thanks,
Nick

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:36:42 am »

I'm wild-guessing here that with Onstad doing the publicity tour for the Dark hoss book, that's why you haven't heard back yet...

Because I've never had a problem with orders ever either.

That's just my guess, though, no particular information other than dot-connecting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 04:37:00 am »

This problem is unfortunately common. Though in my experience, e-mails usually get answered, so that part is interesting.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:34:03 am »

i ordered a t-shirt once that took a very long time to arrive.  My emails were answered promptly.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 05:50:29 am »

When I ordered a poster, it arrived crumpled up. I emailed and got a very polite response and a replacement. I was very impressed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:53:58 pm »

I would theorize that your emails may not be getting through. What I would do is try emailing again from a different account in case your address is being blocked for some reason.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 06:36:49 pm »

I just got Volume IX which I had forgotten I even ordered. According to the personalization Philippe is not fond of snails.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 06:58:29 pm »

Maybe he's not using enough garlic on them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 07:18:52 pm »

Considering his reaction to applesauce and porkchops I can only imagine what he'd do if you set a plate of snails in front of him with a fork.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 06:48:36 am »

borfoo did you check your spam folder
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 06:53:15 am »

Is it just me or does "borfoo" sound like what would happen if someone tried to say "Darfur" with their mouthful?

"Hey, the hoss d'ovaries are really good here, huh?"

*nods because of a mouthful*

"What's this gala a benefit for, anyway? Trees, whales, trees for whales?"

"Borfoo."

"What?"

"BORFOO."

"Your... mouth is full of tiny spinach quiches, you're not making any sense."

"Dah GEMOCIN im BORFOO."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 01:52:58 pm »

Considering his reaction to applesauce and porkchops I can only imagine what he'd do if you set a plate of snails in front of him with a fork.

He's an otter, for pete's sake. Snails are exactly the sort of thing they eat in the wild. He needs to get in touch with his roots.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 08:08:48 pm »

This oddly reminds me of my puffer giraffees' slug-rage. 

We had a fairly moist period near the end of summer, which resulted in a lot of slugs in my garden.  Since my puffer giraffees love eating all sorts of insects, it seemed logical that they would love a slug (so my husband suggested).  So he takes a big juicy live slug from the garden, gingerly washes it off, then tosses it into the tank.  Sure enough Hoju (the aggressive green spotted puffer) goes for a taste, realizes he loves it with enthusiasm, and gobbles it all up quicker than anything.  At that point Valentine (the docile Ceylon puffer) sees Hoju eating something tasty and swims over all "hey, what's going on?  Did you find something tasty?"  To which Hoju just flips out into a puffergiraffe rage and attacks Valentine.  Hoju is aggressive, but he and Valentine have been buddies for almost their entire lives, and Hoju rarely ever gets pissed off at Valentine - maybe twice before in the 5+ years I've had them.  The husband and I both thought this was odd, but clearly the Hoju loved the slug - after all it's mostly meat.

Clearly, Hoju likes slugs, so the next time we're in the garden, I find several more slugs, and the Husband says we should give them each a slug, so that Valentine can have a taste too.  This time when we toss the slugs in it's Valentine that notices first, but we've added two slugs, and Valentine gobbles one up just as Hoju notices, and goes for the other one.  Before Hoju can get to the slug, it's Valentine that flies into a slug-induced-rage and attacks Hoju - which has never, ever happened before.  Valentine's so gentle that the dude is afraid of snails.

We continued to test this slug situation out, and it seems that even if they both get a slug at the same time, as we tried later, it induces a feeding frenzy followed by rage.  They eat the slugs in a more excited manner than any other thing I've fed them, then they are furious when there's no more - they'll even attack inanimate objects like the drift wood, or plastic cave because they are mother-fuckin-angry that all the slugs are gone.  This doesn't happen with any other foods, including several live foods such as snails, worms, ghost shrimp, guppies, or any other variety of insects.  Odd.

Hrm.  Rereading this post, it just occurs to me that I live a strange life.  But oh well.  So what.  At least when I have a fly or spider or whatever in the house, it's an adventure wondering which of our pets will eat it.  The cats love moths as well, and find them delicious.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:58:13 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 04:05:52 am »

Petunia the American Eskimo dog loves flies.  She will practically knock herself unconscious trying to snare them against the window panes.  In late summer, when they're droning around the living room after someone leaves a door open she gets all acrobatic trying to snap them out of the air.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with ordering
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 02:17:41 pm »

Petunia the American Eskimo dog loves flies.  She will practically knock herself unconscious trying to snare them against the window panes.  In late summer, when they're droning around the living room after someone leaves a door open she gets all acrobatic trying to snap them out of the air.

Lilly will snap at flying insects that fly too close. I always try to convince her that this is a bad idea - a pug already looks enough like a toad without also behaving like one.

Smells, you need to post video of the puffer's slug rage.  Hey, wouldn't "Slug Rage" be a good name for a band?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up