Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK  (Read 11027 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 11:51:59 am »

You guys are what people on the Internet call "newbs".

Stupid soda cans.  Stupid soda cans.  Stupid soda cans.
Oh noez!  I has no soda canz left!
:(
The chub/lame system is far superior in every way, including the fact that it just sounds funny.

It's from Assetbar.  Ask Asherdan.  He knows all about them.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 01:13:56 pm »

<thoughtfully fingers onion offence card>
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 02:00:19 pm »

Ok, now you are a troll. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 04:05:21 pm »

You guys are what people on the Internet call "newbs".

I think this is the nicest thing anyone here's ever said to me.

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 04:22:25 pm »

Sometimes I feel like ruta bagas is the only person who understands me.

I'm still not a troll guys . .. I just don't get the weird Dr. Pepper nonsense.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 04:47:17 pm »

I mean, like, okay.

It is one thing to be covered in vomit. Sometimes we throw up! We've got a cold, we've been forced to watch Scary Movie 2 by someone who hates us. Perhaps we've been dancing a little too lustily with Lady Spirit. And, of course, we puke from time to time.

Everybody pukes! It's not okay but it is understandable. These things happen.

We can't go down every avenue to prevent ourselves from being covered in vomit and time makes fools of us all.

It is quite another thing to be that one fratboy who is so out of his mind that he thinks it is AWESOME that he's puking. "Oh gosh," he imagines, "how manly must I be to have drank so much Milwaukee's Best Ice that I'm vomiting! Christ, I'm the good goddamn life of the fuck*ng party!"

Going around, covering everything with the half-digested chunks of his deepest shame and thinking that everyone thinks you're goddamned rad and edgy for the doing.

Okay?

That is basically an analogy toward speaking well of the assbar: an already ugly comments system that threads in a manner designed to make people give up on the internet, all the uglier for fancying itself a message board and conducting itself in short crude comments-length bursts that in their form and function could reduce philosophers into discussions of "nice strip, I farted!" "OMG, I farted too!" "I liked the strip more than you guys and I say this in a manner wherein I hope to gain favour with the strip's creator... AND I CRAPPED MY SHORTS!" and so on.

It is one thing for you to show up here, vile crusties still not quite all wiped from your mouth, apologizing for throwing up all over the place, swearing up and down to never mix Grape Pucker and Windex as a shooter again. We're good folks around here, we might even hold your hair over the toilet if you have an aftershock.

But the longer you're walkin' around making gut puddles and acting like that makes you King of the Sock Hop, the more we're gonna assume you're a goddamned troll.

Dig?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Dr Pepper
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 04:53:07 pm »

There's this little number under the name each member has chosen to post messages under, and the little number represents how many imaginary little cans of Dr Pepper that member has in their possession. Accompanying this little number are two little bits of clickable text; these may not yet be visible to you. The one on the left makes the number go up, which can be conceptualized as giving the person in question one of the aforementioned cans, except that it does not require your number to go down. The one on the right makes the number go down, which can be conceptualized as taking one of those cans away and throwing it to the ground in a disgusted manner so that it sprays all up the walls and makes everything all sticky. That is not an innuendo.

This is all you really need to know about the basic system. You are free to assign any further significance to the little number that pleases you.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 05:18:52 pm »

I can't find the blog post that was the original source of "tiny can of Dr Pepper."  This is upsetting to me.  Paging Cort.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:29 pm »

Its on this board system?  Or the previous one?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 05:25:57 pm »

I thought it was from a post on Ray's blog, where Teodor says something to him about a tiny can of Dr Pepper.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 05:29:44 pm »

Tiny cans of Dr Pepper are awesome.  What more is there to know?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 05:30:29 pm »

Sometimes I feel like ruta bagas is the only person who understands me.

I'm still not a troll guys . .. I just don't get the weird Dr. Pepper nonsense.

It's just our name for Karma. I think if you go too far into the negatives it starts to interfere with your ability to post, especially new topics, but I'm not actually sure.

Carlos, I'm sad to report I don't remember the Tiny Can origin. But I'm pretty sure it was Bozack's fault.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 06:12:04 pm »

Cort, we don't care if you remember it, we want you to find it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 06:17:55 pm »

I feel obligated to post this link: http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2005/10/rays-mind-menses.html

I believe that was the origin. All it makes me do is pine for the days of yore when the blogs were updated several times a week. That may have been the height of Achewood for me - the blogs at that time were consistently better than the strip. I mean, Mr. Bear's trek across Russia, the risotto wars (pretty sure that carried over into the strip too, though), Lyle sober in the all-girls school.

Good times, good times.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 06:23:04 pm »

I think that the board's use predated that blog and that we thought Onstad was messing with us when he wrote that.

Edit: Appears that I am wrong. Sigh.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:28:22 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up