Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK  (Read 11000 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 11:43:34 pm »

PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE, *****s
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2008, 12:18:20 am »

It always warms my heart to see people having fun with typography.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2008, 12:22:18 am »

But it doesn't look like inev was being free and crazy with typography.

Also the whole point of his post was to explain what the filter was, unfiltered it makes no sense.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:29 am »

yeah. what?

maybe because I did not capitalize?

LOLcat?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2008, 01:27:36 am »

I think my eyes are screwed up.

But my position will remain that inev is trying to mess with your head with his lolcats shenanigans until I have reason to believe otherwise or I forget that I have a position. Most likely the latter.

More to the point, I'm disappointed in the lack of typography-fun. Let's talk about typography instead.

So, how about those ligatures?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:49:06 am by Ruta Bagas »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2008, 01:36:20 am »

two of my good friends are in a typography class, and it seems like just the coolest thing.

they are pretty sick of it, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2008, 02:25:56 am »

yeah. what?

maybe because I did not capitalize?

LOLcat?

I think it has to be all one word and plural.
Logged

sje46

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56010
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:56 pm »

OK people the bickering and insulting is getting old but at least bicker and insult comprehensibly. I have no idea if that is meant as an insult and I don't know what a "4chan" is and refuse to Google in order to follow a stupid argument.

Either play nice, or bicker interestingly, already.
The Comic Book Guy is an overly critical nerd on the Simpsons.  I figured most people would understand this reference.

I am not a /b/tard by the way.

Also, happy Caturday.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2008, 12:01:35 am »


In philosophy class we were talking about morality and such, and that guy who "saved" the other guy on the NYC subway by jumping on top of him came up. The teacher read the story at the end of class as some kind of example of someone who acted selflessly, but I rebutted that immediately after this deed, the dude went around for weeks collecting checks, putting on a media parade, and acting in a completely distasteful way. Maybe sometimes people should listen to the otter.

Jesus said of charity, "Let not your left hand know what your right hand is doing". Of course, lookit the media campaign he's had going for the last two thousand years...
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2008, 01:09:42 am »

Jesus said of charity, "Let not your left hand know what your right hand is doing". Of course, lookit the media campaign he's had going for the last two thousand years...

And when most people describe an entity (a person, a company) as one where "the left doesn't know what the right hand is doing," we mean it negatively. So maybe what we're saying is "fuck charity!"
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2008, 06:52:57 am »

sje46
Scrambles the Dog
Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56006
alright, wat? srsly.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:04:33 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2008, 08:54:12 am »

He's been a good boy so Santa gave him a warehouse full of tiny cans of dr pepper.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2008, 11:17:47 am »

See this is the kind of can related shenanagins I approve of. People arguing about arbitrary metrics of value is no fun when they increase and decrease in a logical and predictable fashion.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »

So you're a stock trader then?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 23 November 2008 - I... HAVE... A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2008, 01:16:34 am »

Just like real life, except less arbitrary.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up