Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 5104 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:08:31 pm »

I am thankful for my imaginary Internet friends.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »

Me too!  Thanks for just being your imaginary selves.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 07:01:14 pm »

There are definitely worse things to believe in.

Happy happy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:21:02 pm »

Thanks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:47:26 pm »

being home is weird.
I just got in a weirdly intense discussion with my family over whether there is some inherent benefit to putting the forks in the right order. Seriously?

I am thankful to be home, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:21:42 am »

I am thankful for coffee and white chocolate brownies.

I would be slightly more thankful if I got a day off to eat turkey, but lets face it, I've got it pretty good right now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 02:39:33 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 02:51:42 am »

Yeah, I sat there wondering...

Really, how many people watching the Macy's day parade are going to get that reference?

And how much does that Bloo thing look like a c*ck, as an armless puppet?

I mean, with arms, he is only standard phallic but wow. Without? Wow.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 04:07:50 pm »

I think it's about time everyone admitted that, deep down, they just want a way to express how much they love Rick Astley without having to come out and say it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 11:10:44 pm »

That xkcd strip that plots meme hilarity against popularity is so relevant right now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:15:13 am »

LFM I think basically anyone with a computer gets the reference.  Who among us has not been rick rolled?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 05:28:27 am »

Actually, I know a lot of people who do not know what the heck a Rick Roll is, or even who Rick Astley is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 05:33:22 am »

But... isn't the Macys Day parade's core audience young children and older people who are probably only casual internet users, just e-mailing and shopping for shoes or whatever?

Granted, I watched the hell out of it but I'm impossibly nostalgic.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 05:40:29 am »

I third the objection to the statement that everyone with a computer knows what a rick roll is. my mom didn't get the joke at all, even when i tried to explain it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:12 am »

I get sad when I realize that some of my friends don't really engage with the internet on a personal level.

The internet is such a good friend.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up