Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"  (Read 10361 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:53:45 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12022008

Hypercolour Kenobi? Hypercolour... now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:05:12 am »

"suffer him his hospitality" - wonderful

Stussy! A thing I remember!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:39:33 am »

Please note that Polly was not exactly put off by the flirtations.

Horny-onset diabetes.  Damn, I think I got that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:11:07 pm »

I never had any hypercolor. I had the matchbox cars that turned colors in warm water, but no hypercolor. Or Stussy, now that I think about it. Apparently my mom didn't shop in the kids of stores that sold Stussy back then.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:31:19 pm »

This strip seems a bit recycled.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 03:51:44 pm »

Was hypercolor the thing where your shirt was one color, and then a contrasting color where the heat from your body warmed it?  Cos that was an awesome thing and every now and again I look for it unsuccessfully.  Why don't they make that anymore?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 04:13:58 pm »

Was hypercolor the thing where your shirt was one color, and then a contrasting color where the heat from your body warmed it?  Cos that was an awesome thing and every now and again I look for it unsuccessfully.  Why don't they make that anymore?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:50:40 pm »

Please note that Polly was not exactly put off by the flirtations.

This is because she is observing him as a scientific specimen. She needs to be careful not to react in any way that would affect the behavior of interest.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 05:07:03 pm »

You sure its not just "the stripper reflex" where, to make your daily bread, you've trained yourself to react in a dimly positive manner to any and all obvious male sexual attentions? I mean, to be able to feign interest in the kind of man who regulars strip club, I can only imagine that some kind of involuntary response would have to be set up. Kind of like the "lying back and thinking of England" of "letting a trucker place a grimy five dollar bill an inch away from your pu$$y".

If you let yourself react negatively to anything, you'd basically have to react negatively to almost everything.

The naive college freshmen who are half-way attractive and shy about the matter and maybe you'd have a fling with if you were drunk have to be the exception, you know, as opposed to the general population of meth addicts who want to tell you how horrible the Vietnam War was while pawing at your tits.

There has to be a stripper reflex.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 05:46:18 pm »

(pic snipped)
Is that yours, or did you clip the image from somewhere?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 05:56:25 pm »

I did enjoy Ray's haircut and Stussy shirt.

I never had any Stussy clothes, but I did have my share of Bugle Boy shirts, and a couple Hypercolor ones as well.

American Apparel actually licensed the Hypercolor IP recently and put out a line of shirts with it: http://store.americanapparel.net/rsa6407tc.html#i

I almost got one recently but it is hard to justify $34 for a T-Shirt. I do love getting their tees from wholesalers on eBay for like $7 a pop though.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 06:10:35 pm »

If she has her "stripper reflex" turned on maybe she has it turned on for Connie as well.  She seems to have forged a genuine bond with him, but maybe she is also thinking sugar daddy.  Now she's met Ray and she could be thinking sugar daddy of all sugar daddies.

Or maybe she's thinking she can have 'em both.  Connie can satisfy her intellectually while Ray spends a ton of cash on her.

I'm interested to know what Molly thinks of her.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 06:40:26 pm »

It is interesting that you guys appear to see no connection between "observing a man's behavior like he is a specimen of scientific interest" and what a stripper does in her job. How else do you figure she decides what to do to make the most money?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 09:02:36 pm »

Here's a film clip of the shirt in action - at the very end, after some surrealistic behavior by young, female models/salespersons.

I think Inev will like Willa.  Except she's not wearing glasses.  They would fog up in the fridge anyway.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: December 2nd, 2008 - "His nostrils even flared!"
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 09:09:05 pm »

But a stripper applies...stimulus...shall we say in order to find a cost effective line to take. The standard stripper grindy grindy approach is a set of complex steps which are performed in sequence and observed in order to determine this cost efficient line. There is a connection between the two there, a fake one, but nonetheless.

The point is that she needs the skill to observe a man like he is a bug under the magnifying glass, whatever the stimulus or lack thereof. Polly is clearly quite practiced at this. She is being careful not to affect the subject, yet, because she hasn't finished collecting her initial data.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up