Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chandni Chowk to China (Hong Kong by way of Bollywood)  (Read 1414 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Chandni Chowk to China (Hong Kong by way of Bollywood)
« on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:01 am »

So, this movie looks like it could be entertaining. Or at least different.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Chandni Chowk to China (Hong Kong by way of Bollywood)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:19:41 am »

So...

Is this like where supposedly black folk are allowed to throw around the n-word amoungst each other?

Indians can be astonishingly racist against the Chinese because they're all Asians?

I mean, astonishingly. I don't know how you could get more racist against the Chinese than that picture.

Maybe you could but someone would quickly kill you for doing it. That is as racist as you can get without being murdered.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Chandni Chowk to China (Hong Kong by way of Bollywood)
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:55:14 pm »

I think it is more of a thing where... outside of the US, people just do not give a shit.

Also, the chinese are the most racist people in the world. They've done studies.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Chandni Chowk to China (Hong Kong by way of Bollywood)
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 06:43:35 pm »

I would say that the level to which we in North America attempt to overcome ethnocentrism is another indicator of American Exceptionalism.

 ;)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Chandni Chowk to China (Hong Kong by way of Bollywood)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:00:55 am »

I think I'll keep an eye on it. It's giving my a kung fu hustle kind of vibe, the kind of action comedy we don't get over here as much. I like the bit about three quarters through the trailer where they're flying over the city on very obvious wires. Also Gordon Lieu. That makes it a pretty easy sell.

Also 'smets if you're judging it just from the poster I think the idea is a stupid indian guy trying to look chinese not an actual depiction of what chinese people look like, I'm pretty sure that's the lead actor under there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up