Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08  (Read 6267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:13:44 am »

I assume the antler is for Mr. Bear's side of the bed and the dove's nest for the lady, but who knows with Vlad.  Who knows.

Dap.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 03:30:15 am by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/8/08
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:21:16 am »

Are we sure this is Vlad, and not Lie Bot in disguise?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:54 am »

I can only take so much Vlad lately. Maybe if he busts out another "worst song played on ugliest guitar" catchphrase I'll change my tune.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:55:02 am »

He's basically just Foreign Man and Tony Clifton smooshed together into one character.

And a *****.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 05:13:09 am »

I have recently acquired a Russian as a coworker.  This has enhanced my interior Vlad voice considerably.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:54:37 am »

This one kinda fell flat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 03:48:48 pm »

I thought this was great. The Hammurabi reference was golden.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 04:29:43 pm »

Golumpki appears to be an English-phonetic spelling of gołąbki, which are Polish cabbage rolls.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 10:07:33 pm »

"Dap"? "Nine ball hundo on the rail"? Usually I am "down" with Mr. Onstad's "street cred", but today I am just befuddled. I had to search Wikipedia for forty minutes just  to find out if Ray and Vlad were terror fist-bumping in the second-to-last panel, or if it was some other form of urban communication (Wikipedia finally listed the maneuver as a "freestyle jazz penny", but I think I may have inaccurately entered my search terms.)

Anyway, translations please?
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 11:22:39 pm »

My brain was trying very hard to make "nine ball hundo on the rail" into a cocaine phrase.  Thank you.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 11:42:46 pm »

My brain was trying very hard to make "nine ball hundo on the rail" into a cocaine phrase.  Thank you.

I wouldn't have understood had it not been for the blog series about Cornelius just destroying Ray at pool, but Ray continuing to bet large sums on the games.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up