Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3rd Wave  (Read 4565 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
3rd Wave
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:47:09 am »

I'm talking about us, TOUAMB.  I think we're on about our third wave of regulars in here.  There's a few of us originals still around, but not many.  A lot of the second wave has gone away too.  There's no point to this post really, just reminiscing.  How many original day one board members are still here posting as regulars?

Signify here.  Everyone else, when did you join the fun?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:14:56 am »

I'm still around, in my limited fashion.  Which usually consists of complaining about music once or twice a year and then just lurking around. 

Weird mental tidbit: I was tidying up the backyard when out of nowhere I found myself thinking about andalucia and that painting of Son House she did for you and what the hell ever happened to her? 
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 07:19:34 am »

I continue to feel like "The Oldest of the New Guys" around here but... that's basically how I always feel on messageboards.

A symptom of my tendency toward first-blush stridency, I'm sure, and the way that sometimes comes off as funny and sometimes as dickish.

(And the way I never seem to understand the difference until retrospection kicks in.)

Someday I'll figure out impulse control, I fuckin' swear.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:33:38 am »

Yeah, you're definitely a third waver Mike, but that's cool.  I wasn't trying to create a divide.  It's just, we've been doing this for a long time now and we've been through a lot of changes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 08:49:58 am »

Oh, I wasn't offended or anything.

Just sorta... delineating.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:58 am »

I don't miss the dumbrella at all, I can tell you that much. If you weren't there, it was certainly a thing, but this is so much better right here. Thanks to all of you folks for being such a cool gang. I guess I kind of drifted off like 2 years ago, which would have been the end of the 2nd wave. When I came back a few months ago there were all these new names and not many old ones left - but you've only added to the community, from what I've seen. A belated welcome to those of you I haven't really met yet.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:35:25 am »

I started at the same time as like, Misterqueue. My profile says 2005, but I had been lurking before that and could not register because of some sort of stupid thing where I registered and then my password wouldn't work and so my email was supposedly in use and everything was horrible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 10:10:39 am »

I remember when you joined Dan.  I kinda introduced you to the board by starting a cryptic thread about reaching the inevitable.  I was just referring to you joining the board, but everyone thought I was referring to some terrible thing that had happened in my life.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 02:12:25 pm »

When I saw the title I just assumed this thread would be about feminism. I was a little off.

Sometimes I wish the similar message board from my teen-years would spontaneously reform. It was pretty cool, plus it had prizes.

I remember lurking at Dumbrella for a while because I felt like Onstad had a lot of unwritten rules and I didn't want to get threads locked or me booted or anything. Plus, and this is funny, I was amazed at how the other posters could always link to the old strips so quickly whenever they came up in conversation when I barely remembered them at all.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »

When I saw the title I just assumed this thread would be about feminism. I was a little off.

Give it time.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 03:00:39 pm »

I dunno what wave I am. November 2003 registration apparently which is longer than I thought.

Also I sort of assumed this thread would be about that one social experiment where a high school teacher supposedly recycled Third Reich propaganda techniques into a club at his school as an "it can happen here" kind of thing.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 03:11:28 pm »

I remember that book. We had to rewrite the ending of it in 7th grade english.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 03:17:37 pm »

I registered in July of 2004. Not sure where that places me, although it certainly doesn't seem like I've been reading Achewood that long.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 03:48:52 pm »

1st wave present. One time I met Paul. That was cool.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Wave
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 04:04:05 pm »

I've still never gotten over being cross that I registered for the board almost the instant it was possible and yet I still ended up on the second page of the members list.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up