Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing  (Read 4679 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 03:15:06 am »

The penispad panel is basically how I feel at work every day these days.  :(
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 03:41:51 am »

Seka was the Bettie Page of the 80s.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 05:28:58 am »

Seka was the Bettie Page of the 80s.
I thought was Grace Jones.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 05:34:47 am »

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 05:38:26 am »

I thought Grace Jones was the "Prince" of Bizarro World.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 06:44:28 am »

It's already been said, more or less, but how does Onstad read my diseased brain?

Recently, my brain even prevented me from entering a grocery store.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 06:52:06 am »

Grace Jones is a dude right?  I've always thought that.  She's must have come out and admitted it by now I'm sure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 01:53:10 pm »

Grace Jones is a dude right?  I've always thought that.  She's must have come out and admitted it by now I'm sure.

Grace Jones is beyond such pathetic mortal three-dimensional concepts such as gender.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 01:50:28 am »

This makes me realize, suddenly, that I have been having a problem like this lately. Actually for like a year, but suddenly it is particularly bad.

Today I walked into a store and the salesman asked me what I wanted to buy, and I was just PARALYZED by the knowledge of all of these assumptions he was going to make about me, and all of the horrible things he must think about me for wanting him to help me buy an expensive product. I stood there staring at him for long enough that afterwards my brother said "what the hell is wrong with you??"

Somehow, thinking about it made me realize that I get into these situations a lot, and maybe it is not normal for that to happen.

It has something to do with feeling like people have an expectation that I am not fulfilling. Even when it's something that... 2 minutes later I realize was completely stupid.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 02:24:02 am »

The SO is like that. She'll have a problem finding something, and when a salesperson comes over she'll say she's fine, just so she doesn't have to interact with the person and potentially look dumb.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 04:21:51 am »

Um, people. That is a person who can't get a better job than salesperson in a store? Is there really a good reason to feel inadequate in comparison? I mean, apologies to all of you are are salespeople and also writing the great American novel on the side but really, get a grip.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 04:36:09 am »

That knowledge doesn't help unfortunately.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 06:00:42 am »

Internet research is my in-store salesperson.

Hooray for no human contact.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 08:57:12 am »

yeah, thinking about it logically does not really help.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up