Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca  (Read 4942 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« on: December 22, 2008, 03:55:02 pm »

It looks like this was conducted in early November but just posted on Saturday.

Warning: it's 37 minutes long.

http://drawn.ca/2008/12/20/watch-chris-onstad-interview/
Logged

herofix

  • Guest
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:55:19 pm »

He's a nervous chap. 

The format of the interview and the amateur nature of the interviewer no doubt contributed to his nervousness.

The Dark hoss comics release he talked about in May sounds great, though.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:04:33 pm »

I got through about ten minutes of this before I got bored. It is all the same questions and answers that are in all the print interviews and I can't just skim ahead like I could if it were not a stupid video. Does it get any different from all the old interviews later?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:12:18 pm »

Is this link working for other people? I cant even get drawn.ca to come up
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 11:43:56 pm »

The most interesting part is that Darkhoss is apparently putting out more Achewood books, starting at strip 1 and including the alt-text. He said he originally envisioned it as like a bonus for reading online, but now realizes some strips just aren't complete without it.

Oh, and when he talked about the skateboards being a big headache. I don't even remember him selling skateboards.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 01:33:40 am »

I think they had the Achewater logo on them. Just the decks, not completes as I recall.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 03:42:08 am »

The most interesting part is that Darkhoss is apparently putting out more Achewood books, starting at strip 1 and including the alt-text. He said he originally envisioned it as like a bonus for reading online, but now realizes some strips just aren't complete without it.

While I love the GOF book, I do miss the alt-text when reading it. I'll certainly be picking up those publications.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 03:51:36 am »

Having not met Onstad in person, it was interesting to see his mannerisms and so forth.

Was that supposed to be professionally done in any way shape or form?  Because the only thing more laughably amateurish than the interviewer was the...uh...guy...uh...who...er...um...i ntro...uh...duced...em...him.

I was reminded of this.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 04:22:52 am by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 04:17:32 am »

Is this link working for other people? I cant even get drawn.ca to come up

I had to copy and paste it into my address bar.

Of course the first thing he mentions about having a web comic is being able to post whenever he wants, and in fact, that this is one reason why the internet is a superior medium to newspaper.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 10:12:10 am »

If I were in that audience, I would have walked up and smacked that interveiwer's man-tits with a ladle.

Onstad really dropped the ball.  Instead of the little nerd-jabs, he should have just stood up and been like, "you know what youre a bitch and i dont do interviews with bitches unless i knock them out," and just stabbed the guy about a hundred times.  Or at least something like that, that video would have a million hits by the morning.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:56 pm »

The guy who does Little Dee goes in the opposite extreme. Today he posted sketches he uploaded from his cell phone just so he wouldn't miss a day.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 04:48:47 pm »

The irony is that guy works for google, which except for maybe the astronaut program is the most discriminating employer around.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 06:08:22 pm »

Well, sure, but probably he wasn't hired for his interview skills but something else entirely.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 04:44:05 pm »

The best part of the interview was right at the very end where they talk about Keith Moon's head.  Onstad talks about seeing this clip on youtube and how insane Moon's drumming is.  I have that concert on disc so I've listened to it dozens of times, but have never seen it.  It's pretty kick ass.

But yeah, that interview was totally amateurish.  I was thinking this couldn't possibly be associated with google in any way
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Onstand interview on Drawn.ca
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 11:12:02 pm »

man, I need to practice the drums all day every day until I can play them extremely well.

Also, maybe I would get kicked out of my apartment due to too much rocking.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up