Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN  (Read 4000 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:21:22 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12222008

Do they still have Waldenbooks? I haven't been to a shopping mall in so long.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:25:19 pm »

Aw. That's sweet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:29:24 pm »

Bonus points: this is the most positive experience Young Roast Beef had with an adult role model.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:31:06 pm »

Waldenbooks got bought out by Borders, and is now branded as Borders Express.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:35:57 pm »

I would read a magazine that promoted ten things to do.  That would make me pick up an issue and flip through.

If that list was good, I'd even subscribe.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:33:57 pm »

I'm pretty surprised that Onstad was able to evoke such emotion with just a couple of lines of text and 2 tiny lines under the manager's eyes. I got all verklempt. The manager remembers how much isolation and pain he felt growing up, and he tries to ease the suffering of another. That is so touching and sad. It is tough to be a gay kiddo, and it was even worse in 1984.

Ray's assholish behaviour was going to get Beef busted, but a small twist of fate ushered Beef away from getting the cops called. Poor Beef.

**EDIT: Turbo Ninja, where the hell did you get that cuh-razy school picture of a '70s era kid with a manchild mustache?? That is creepy and hilarious at the same time.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 11:46:38 pm »

I remember the Waldenbooks at our mall growing up kept the Playboys in a spot that would have been perfect for sneaking reading if the magazines were anywhere but the top shelf. Luckily about 1/4 of the time some kind soul had "accidentally" left an issue on the bottom shelf where inquiring 7-year-olds could easily find it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 02:32:28 am »

My problem with gay-pornography-thinly-veiled-as-women's-pornography is not that I am homophobic but rather that it makes me feel fatter than I actually am.

That is something that I don't think some women understand about straight men's pornography:

Yes, Ron Jeremy is disgustingly ugly. That is the point. He makes us feel better about ourselves while we are also seeing naked ladies.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 02:42:10 am »

I'm usually struck by how tan everyone is in those things.

Also: Linnea!
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 03:42:39 am »

My problem with gay-pornography-thinly-veiled-as-women's-pornography is not that I am homophobic but rather that it makes me feel fatter than I actually am.

That is something that I don't think some women understand about straight men's pornography:

Yes, Ron Jeremy is disgustingly ugly. That is the point. He makes us feel better about ourselves while we are also seeing naked ladies.

I understand some ladytypes feel similarly about the women in men's pornography. If they want to look at hot dudes not wearing much at all, far be it from me to begrudge it them.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 03:44:56 am »

Yes, Ron Jeremy is disgustingly ugly. That is the point. He makes us feel better about ourselves while we are also seeing naked ladies.

My solution is to take the guys out completely. Sure, you miss the "if some nasty dude like Ron Jeremy can get some I can too" fantasy, but on the plus side, you don't have to look at Ron Jeremy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 05:03:02 am »

My solution is to take the guys out completely. Sure, you miss the "if some nasty dude like Ron Jeremy can get some I can too" fantasy, but on the plus side, you don't have to look at Ron Jeremy.

Yeah this was always my understanding on why lesbians are so popular. I mean, have you ladies seen a dick? I ain't want to look at that when I'm getting my self-mac on.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 05:14:47 am »

It's true.

The whole point is getting the c*ck hidden from view.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 10:39:17 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 01:39:16 pm »

Mrs. Haus and I just had an interesting conversation last night about the porn that we each preferred. As it turns out, we like completely opposite things. I don't know if it's just a gender divide, or a sign that we're screwed.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up