Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: El Guapo's Dark Secret  (Read 2860 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
El Guapo's Dark Secret
« on: December 24, 2008, 02:35:38 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 03:40:04 am »

My senior quote was "after all, I'm only sand to irritate the oyster and to wait for the pearl".

It's an Adrian Belew lyric and oh Christ that is exactly my job.

I completely stand by my senior quote.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 06:12:08 am »

I didn't even have a senior quote, I just put this really weepy thing about how I would miss everyone and thanks for making high school great.
It is weird how when it came time to write that stuff i forgot about how I hated high school.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:27:24 pm »

My yearbook quote:

"It is hard to be brave," said Piglet, sniffing slightly, "when you're only a Very Small Animal."
Rabbit, who had begun to write very busily, looked up and said:
"It is because you are a very small animal that you will be Useful in the adventure before us."

From Winnie the Pooh. Embarassing enough I guess.

Rabbit writing busily still accurately represents my best friend from high school, and I am still a very small animal, so I guess I stand by mine too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 02:41:55 pm »

We didn't get senior quotes. Lame.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:31:19 pm »

this is the first I've heard of a Senior Quote.  Probably a good thing.  I can't imagine my 18 year old self saying anything profound.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 05:36:53 pm »

Senior Quotes are all about restating something profound someone else said.

We didn't have them either, but I knew I wanted mine to be "Give the people what they want...we hope everybody gets what they deserve."  Which was on the back of a Kinks album.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 11:54:18 pm »

Yuk it up, assholes.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 11:55:31 pm »

Yuk it up, assholes.

Merry Christmas Joughcephus.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 11:59:24 pm »

Fuck the haters, man.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 02:13:02 am »

Yuk it up, assholes.

Bah.  Nobody yukked it up at all. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 02:26:30 am »

You're just jealous because I have the voice of an angel.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 06:09:49 am »

I, on the other hand, have the voice of a goblin.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:50:21 am »

Whereas I poop ice cream and piss sprinkles.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: El Guapo's Dark Secret
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 01:46:08 pm »

LFM is Sheriff Pony?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up