Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008  (Read 3541 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 07:51:43 pm »

Didn't I just say 'awwwww' yesterday?

This is so oddly, Achewood-ly touching. That Onstad, the holidays have made him into a sentimental fool.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 07:53:30 pm »

Didn't I just say 'awwwww' yesterday?

This is so oddly, Achewood-ly touching. That Onstad, the holidays have made him into a sentimental fool.

It has become a comic about a baby.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 02:14:13 am »

Touching strip.  Circumstances.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:30:17 am »

LAME

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 02:40:29 am »

It seems that the less traumatic parts of Roast Beef's childhood, the more normally and subtly depressing, were all scenes from the Richard Linklater film "Slacker".

Which is good enough for me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

herofix

  • Guest
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 05:22:16 am »

Another wonderful strip.

I heard next season is flashforwards! But you won't realise it until the strip is almost done and Lyle uses a vibrator that won't be released until 2012.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 06:00:09 am »

It seems that the less traumatic parts of Roast Beef's childhood, the more normally and subtly depressing, were all scenes from the Richard Linklater film "Slacker".

Which is good enough for me.

Dude is right.

And it is good enough, classic movie.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 02:54:29 pm »

I need to see that film, a lot.

A lot, do you understand me?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 04:40:20 pm »

Richard Linklater is from Houston btw.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 08:10:17 pm »

Apparently.

I wonder where Showbiz is. Up to no good, I assume.
Showbiz doesn't seem to have a very firm foothold in the acheverse or in Beef's childhood. The childhood neuroses and trauma work out better for a single kid, I think.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 09:23:58 pm »

Someone stole my VHS copy of "Slacker" waaaaay back in college.

I need to buy the Criterion set of it on DVD, someday.

Someday, you know, when I have money.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 09:28:44 pm »

you can watch it for free, legally, on hulu.com
but it requires a registration because the movie is rated R.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 10:13:25 pm »

...I want all the bonus stuff, though!

I am a whore for the bonus stuff.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up