Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I made haggis. Fuck you.  (Read 3933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
I made haggis. Fuck you.
« on: December 25, 2008, 12:23:08 am »

To quote Jough: "It is a thing of beauty."


I made it from scratch, I ate it, it was tasty (and fairly bland), so there.

Lessons learned:
- adding a little garlic to the recipe always helps
- on that note, sriracha makes everything better
- the stomach has a bit of a schmaltzy smell while boiling (goes away after its done); best cooked outdoors or with open windows
- food grade Iodophor is FANTASTIC for cleaning stomachs
- halal or kosher butchers for the win
- caramelize the onions beforehand for sweeter flaver
- OH GOD THE HAGGIS FARTS
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 01:38:37 am »

Dude.

I totally would have eaten this with you.

SCOTLAAAAAAAAAAAAND
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 02:12:06 am »

Thank you for not inviting me over.

This was a noble project and I always thought I might want to try this dish, but the photos have changed my mind. In fact, the last couple are apparently so horrible that the computer is refusing to display them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 02:20:55 am »

It does kind of look like a crime scene, no?

I'll be making it again for Burns Night. After that who knows. I might be convinced to go to another Achewood meetup if I can foist my haggis on people.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 02:25:08 am »

I'll be making it again for Burns Night.

Excellent.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:29:41 am »

Man, I need to stitch me up some cow innards.

You also need to take photos of you shoveling some of that stuff into your gaping maw.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 04:42:20 am »

You also need to take photos of you shoveling some of that stuff into your gaping maw.

You took the words out of my mouth (a place haggis shall never visit).

My reaction to the thought of haggis is somewhat like this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 04:58:00 am »

- on that note, sriracha makes everything better

Fact. Most flavorless college food and microwaveables benefit tremendously from some sriracha.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 01:39:17 pm »

Excellent.

The irony is I'm not scottish in any way, shape or form. My father in law is from Scotland (Paisley). He won't touch the stuff. He, on the other hand, loves kimchee, which I won't even think of without dry heaves.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 02:18:12 am »

I am Scottish (ethnically) and don't mind haggis. My dad's family are proper Scottish so every Burn's night is haggis and bagpipe time.

Funnily enough no-one really seems to like it, it's just a thing you like 'cause it's the thing Scottish people eat. Like kippers and marmalade.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 02:46:26 am »

Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 08:38:07 am »

Nooooo!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »

Or the Jews and gefilte giraffe.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 11:43:03 pm »

Or the Scandanavians and lutefisk.  My grandmother would open a tin of that and clear the house.  Plus chewing the cartilage off chicken leg bones.  Times these days may seem tough - but the hoard-y mega-frugality of those who lived through the Great Depression hints to me that it was far tougher then.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: I made haggis. Fuck you.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 10:34:02 pm »

Quote
Funnily enough no-one really seems to like it

This is so wrong.  Lots of people like haggis a lot, including YT.  Haggis is tres delicious, yo.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up