Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost Story about a Ghost Bike  (Read 1295 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Ghost Story about a Ghost Bike
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:16:47 pm »

Since it is the end of the year, all these sites are doing retrospective stories about the top 10 whatever stories of the year.  Hooray free content!

This one popped up on the BikePortland site.   I had meant to post it here, since in every day life, I get the willies when I see a ghost bike.   Though I've tended to think of here as well, which softens a pretty rough subject.

Ghostbike stolen, and then returned.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Ghost Story about a Ghost Bike
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:58:15 pm »

Am I the only one who wasn't aware of ghost bikes? Is the concept newer or older than ILLEGAL GHOST BIKES? I always associated that strip with the song by Suicide.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story about a Ghost Bike
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:24:31 pm »

Am I the only one who wasn't aware of ghost bikes? Is the concept newer or older than ILLEGAL GHOST BIKES? I always associated that strip with the song by Suicide.

I was thoroughly confused as well.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story about a Ghost Bike
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 01:10:19 am »

There was another thread that made the connection:
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4399.0.html
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1]   Go Up