Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cell phones are out of freakin' control  (Read 5174 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cell phones are out of freakin' control
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 06:09:06 pm »

I lost 4 pairs of 10 dollar sunglasses over the course of the summer.

So I guess I'm glad I never bought those Ray Bans I wanted.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Cell phones are out of freakin' control
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 08:34:52 pm »

I'm still happy with my Razr that I picked up in early 2006.  My two-year contract has been up for many moons but I haven't really felt much need to upgrade from a phone that suits my needs just fine.  Calls are loud and clear, it fits in my pocket without hassle, and I can see who is calling without having to flip anything open.  I do not text very often, and I think I use maybe 90 of my monthly allowed minutes. 

Every now and then I get curious about an update but I'd want Verizon to make my two-year agreement retroactive to the end of my last contract.  Anyone have experience with leaning on Verizon for a deal like that?

I've actually considered dragging out my old (old!) Samsung SCH-3500 and seeing if I can still get it to work.  There'd be hella more buzz about that phone at a bar or club than if I pulled out an iPhone or Blackberry.  Totally flashing back to 1999, allz.  Would I have to go with Sprint, the original provider?  Or could I reactivate through any other CDMA carrier?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Cell phones are out of freakin' control
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 08:44:53 pm »

Yes, but what do you say to the watch phone?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cell phones are out of freakin' control
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 03:30:07 am »

I have decided that cell phones are like sunglasses.  The less you spend on them, the longer they last.

That's true unless you drop it in the pool.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Cell phones are out of freakin' control
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 04:34:01 am »

I'm looking for a new Verizon phone, and am leaning towards the enV2 or however it's capitalized, but I have no personal experience with it either.  I've had excellent service from my current LG phone, though.  So, basically -- I don't know where the boat's headed either, but I think we're on the same one.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up