Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB Twitters  (Read 2989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Twitters
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:44:51 pm »

I'll bet Jough could write an application where we could have our own personal status updates on this board just like on facebook.  I say we petition him.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:45:56 pm »

I like this idea.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:10:59 am »

Quote from: JL's facebook
Someone who isn't JL has locked herself in the bedroom and is trying to work.

I didn't want to comment on Facebook because her dear sainted grandmother might be reading but given her new job.... this sentence is awesome.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:13:21 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 01:40:35 am »

How would that shit work?  Like below your avatar or something where the current board status is?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 01:54:43 am »

Hmm, good question.

Hey, and how about one of those things that posts them automatically here and on Twitter/Facebook?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:10:30 am »

Let's not get greedy, now.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 02:35:44 am »

While you're at it, could you work up something to tell me when I need to buy bread and milk?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:04 pm »

I didn't want to comment on Facebook because her dear sainted grandmother might be reading but given her new job.... this sentence is awesome.

Hah!  Didn't think about it that way.  I'm writing a piece on how to properly clean and care for your sex toys, so I was actually doing research...

...but not the fun kind. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 05:10:41 pm »

Hah!  Didn't think about it that way.  I'm writing a piece on how to properly clean and care for your sex toys, so I was actually doing research...

...but not the fun kind. 

Have you looked at the toy storage cases that Regina Lynn linked to recently?

Also, clean? Isn't that what hand soap is for?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:01:44 pm »

Have you looked at the toy storage cases that Regina Lynn linked to recently?

Also, clean? Isn't that what hand soap is for?

My employer sells cases, so I'm linking to those. 

And re: hand soap -- it depends what the toy is made of, and where you plan to put it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 06:59:18 pm »

My employer sells cases, so I'm linking to those. 

And re: hand soap -- it depends what the toy is made of, and where you plan to put it. 

Well now I'm just curious.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 07:08:34 pm »

Then you'll have to wait for the finished article. 

Also, I forgot that this part of the board is publicly viewable.  Crud. I guess the jig is up -- yes, gramma, I sometimes write about sex for money. 

That is, I write for money, sometimes about sex. 

Yeah. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 09:41:02 pm »

Gramma's a Touambie?  Or are you getting your Facebook posts mixed up with this place?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 10:59:44 pm »

Neither.  I'm just paranoid that one of my cousins is going to Google me, follow a mile-long link trail, connect this board to me, and tell my (very sheltered and somewhat prudish) family that I use curse words and talk about sex with strangers on the internet. 

But just 'cause you're paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get you. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:14:13 pm »

Yeah that had occurred to me so I tried to be indirect. Quote further modified for super-secret anonymity.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up