Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people  (Read 8817 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:01 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01122009

Alternate thread title: I have a farm and my son does not have a good wife. I laughed.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:26:15 pm »

But, but what is Teodor going to do for rent next month? He's sold all his grade-A stuff.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:27:46 pm »

More porn catering.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:31:50 pm »

R. Beef - Yard Sale Consultant
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:40:02 pm »

I love the fact that the sale ran from 9-4, and yet all the money was made between six fifteen and 9 am.


Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:52 pm »

Beef is the yard sale MAN.  He will get top dollar for a box with a bundle of wire hangers + a jar full of assorted nuts and bolts.  He will sell your CD-ROMs from 1996.  A wall-hanging with a duck.  Boxes full of National Geographics.  THESE KNIVES!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 08:54:04 pm »

I love the fact that the sale ran from 9-4, and yet all the money was made between six fifteen and 9 am.
That is definitely the case with most yard sales in my neighborhood.  I used to think people only put broken crap out - I just failed to realize the pros have picked the carcass clean while I'm hitting snooze.


p.s.  Any job that requires interviewing at 9am on a Saturday is one I do not want to have.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 08:58:41 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:59:14 pm »

I'll have to say that today's strip made me happy, even though it took him forever to post it ("over the weekend"??  "Strips and flows aplenty???"  Geez, now he's torturing us.) because, as far as I know, it's the first Achewood that ever mentioned Oingo Boingo.  This makes me happy because I was a member of Boingo during the peak of their career in the 80's.  However, I thought if anyone in Acheworld had some Boingo records, it would be Pat -- right between his Cure and Robert Fripp albums.  And of course Ray would tell him "It is silly to like Oingo Boingo, Pat."  And he would be right.  Nevertheless, it's still fun for me to see that band name come up in pop culture (especially in my favorite talking cat free entertainment), even if only as the punchline to a joke, as it invariably always were.  I wonder if that LP has my autograph on it?  I did sign an awful lot of album covers for nervous, awkward teenagers back then.  I don't remember any of them being cartoon bear teenagers, though.

And yes, Teodor is a little unclear on the concept.  He thinks garage sales operate under lazy stoner dude hours.  In his mind, 9AM seemed plenty early enough. Too early, actually.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 09:00:47 pm »

I was a member of Boingo during the peak of their career in the 80's. 

Wait, what?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »

No, no the correct thread title is "A certain legal tenderness."

I am glad to see he got artistic inspiration out of having to move but - another state? What other state? But, but... are all the guys moving with him??
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:16:18 pm »

Hey there, hentavirus, what you been up to?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:05 pm »

No, no the correct thread title is "A certain legal tenderness."

I am glad to see he got artistic inspiration out of having to move but - another state? What other state? But, but... are all the guys moving with him??

Suddenly, Achewood is going to be based less on an anthropomorphized-animal version of Palo Alto, and more an anthropomorphized version of Portland.

Ray: Aw HELL yea! Check out my new mountain unicycle, dogg!
Beef: shucks well hell and damn on an egg sandwich but if that ain't the dumbest thing you've done yet oh and ah um i'm gonna go swipe the wi-fi at bagdad cafe


Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:26 pm »

Yargh!  My theory is he swore up and down he'd move to backwoods Oregon if Obama won the election, and someone called his bluff.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:21 pm »

Oingo Boingo.  Didn't they have Tina Fey from Talking Heads in that band?  Oh no wait, that was the Tom Boy Club.  Oingo Boingo had a member that was famous for something other than being in Oingo Boingo.  Actually I think Oingo Boingo was only famous for having this guy as a former member.  I clearly remember this.  Someone in the movies maybe.  It wasn't Kevin Bacon...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: January 12. 2009 - I have some friends who are real M&M people
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 11:22:03 pm »

I have a theory that I want to move to Portland, but I don't really remember what it is based on anymore.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up