Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roland Burris Memorial  (Read 1204 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Roland Burris Memorial
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:10:40 am »

File this one under totally creepy and weird.  Roland Burris has begun work on his memorial.

Link

I wonder if he'll have room for "First Black appointed to US Senate by tainted Administration." 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Roland Burris Memorial
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 01:23:00 am »

I assume that's a scale model.  The real one will require 10,000 laborers working for decades to construct from hand-hewn slabs of alabaster and black granite, and will contain the remains of his wives and attendants to ensure a swift journey for his ka.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up