Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's up for a CD chain?  (Read 20903 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2003, 03:40:12 am »

My mix is complete.

A girl for whom I had never played music before exclaimed that the CD ROCKED and inquired where she may acquire a copy.

I gave her the one in the player when it was finished.  And then she had sex with me.

So just so you people know: when you play my mix CD, people will want to have sex with you. *

You have been warned.






*So you may not want to play it for your grandpa or anything.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2003, 04:16:28 pm »

This thread really just reminds me that satchel isn't around anymore... he introduced me to so much rad music and was very generous in cd-mailing.  I really wonder where he went.

Compiling my cd presently... I'm working on an antidote to Jough's cd.  Mine'll be good'n nerdy.  Probly if you listen to it, no-one'll ever have sex with you again.
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2003, 06:52:28 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Compiling my cd presently... I'm working on an antidote to Jough's cd.  Mine'll be good'n nerdy.  Probly if you listen to it, no-one'll ever have sex with you again.


Then they must fight...to the death!

As for my mix, it has been done for about a week now, but I haven't looked at it/listened to it in the interim.  I was reasonably satisfied with the way it came out when I finished it, but now that I'm in a different mood I'd probably want to replace ~80% of the songs.

I knew I should have made more than one mix.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2003, 10:45:15 pm »

Alright, my mix is done...for the moment.  I've got to roll through it a few times to see if it flows.   It won't make anyone have sex, but then again some absent-minded toe-tapping was my only goal.

Awaiting mailing instructions.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2003, 01:07:05 am »

I'm working on my mix as we speak.  So far, the theme seems to be mysecond-favorite songs by each of my favorite bands.  Odd.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2003, 10:22:49 am »

We're supposed to start on the mixes now?

I was waiting for further instructions or something ...hah!  

Well, I can start I s'pose.  just got some new cds today (yesterday) and that always makes mix making more fun for me.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2003, 01:23:54 am »

Quote from: "starlight"
We're supposed to start on the mixes now?


Mixes?  I'm working on the cover "artwork"!

( Artwork's in quotes because it's turned out really, really crappy! )
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2003, 04:10:16 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Quote from: "starlight"
We're supposed to start on the mixes now?


Mixes?  I'm working on the cover "artwork"!

( Artwork's in quotes because it's turned out really, really crappy! )


Does that mean you have finished the mix or do you do cover "artwork" first?  I always do that second after I survey the overall theme for a good picture ..I usually use anything explodingdog cause well, there's always something there to set a mood ..if not a complete one, I merge two together for complete chaos!  :D

hopefully I don't get sued one day for doing that without permission; not like I'm charging money for the altered art though
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2003, 04:43:47 am »

I started with the mix.  I've played it through a few times and snipped off the last two songs.  I'm happy with what I've got.  I wouldn't think about doing the cover until the songlist was set in stone.

I was just going to write the songs on the blank J-cards for the CDs, and then thought That's cheesy, I should try to at least spiff them up a little.

Which has opened several cans of software and printer-related worms.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2003, 05:50:19 am »

My artwork will consist of whatever's printed on the disc from the manufacturer.

MAYBE if you're lucky I'll write something on it with a Sharpie™.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2003, 06:16:10 am »

See?  El Guapo's a lot smarter about this shit.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2003, 10:02:47 am »

I write in sharpie on the actual disc :D
..I once had someone do some weird art in sharpie on a disc ..it was rather scary at first ..like artistic scratchings... \/\/\/\.\XXXX (stuff like that)

[ETA:  oh yeah, concerning the start of my mix ..I'll start planning it tomorrow.  I figure since there are no further instructions yet, I'm not really late here!]
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2003, 03:29:24 pm »

If I'm feeling really generous an unconcerned about my color ink supply I'll use one of the templates in Nero. But generally it's just track list and times.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2003, 04:07:08 pm »

Alright, then, fuck it.  I'll just put an unlabeled disc in an unpadded envelope.  With some sand.  Ship it fourth class.  

Good times. :mrgreen:

( Also, when I said it was a mix CD?  It's really just Van Halen II, sourced from a cassette I found in an abandoned muffler shop. )
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who's up for a CD chain?
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2003, 04:28:53 am »

WTF!  Are we doing this thing or what?  Did names and addresses and such get sent out and nobody told me?  Should I make the effort to complete this thang or what?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up