Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Wombat Day  (Read 8844 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 03:39:55 am »

I think I'd prefer if they held bake sales in honor of my birthday.

Cort, I never heard that about Poe and I suspect it is a summer camp campfire tale.

It wasn't so much a campfire tale as a recording at UVa's replica of Poe's dorm room.

Plus what kind of crazy ass summer camp has fires?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 04:11:03 am »

Plus what kind of crazy ass summer camp has fires?

Huh?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 04:46:52 am »

Plus what kind of crazy ass summer camp has fires?

Huh?

We never had a fire at camp. I can't even imagine a place where they would have had one. We were more about 3 hour classes on architecture or poetry than fires.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 04:59:52 am »

I'm all for celebrating birthdays on other days; it's served me well enough for several years now.  Now that I actually have a weekend birthday I may have to move it anyway to avoid conflict with Wombat Observation Day.  I wouldn't want to one-up a dude (or a lady, as the case may be).

Anyway, may the last remaining minute* of your birthday treat you better than the rest did.
*EDIT: Eight seconds, actually.  There were eight seconds left when I hit "post."  I hope it was a damn good eight seconds, though.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:05:29 am by iron_felix »
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 05:45:32 am »

cort that ain't camp that's summer school

camp is supposed to be fires and canoes and hikes and sneaking weed
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 07:48:09 am »

Woo!
Happy Wombday. Belated. Double belated since I'm a day ahead and a terrible person for not seeing this thread earlier.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 08:33:59 pm »

cort that ain't camp that's summer school

camp is supposed to be fires and canoes and hikes and sneaking weed

My camp was classes, sleeping in a dorm, playing ultimate frisbee, 4-square, spades, and egyptian rat screw. There was also a fair amount of reading. That sounds far, far superior to fires, hikes, and frankly anything involving being outside.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 09:14:09 pm »

Cort's parents sent him to summer school and told him it was camp.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 09:26:33 pm »

No! Don't tell him!

Well, at least there are no mosquitos, right?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 07:46:17 pm »

Wombat-- happy late birthday.

cort--

if you had been at my camp, the other counselors would have had a lot of issues with you, and I would have liked you a lot and defended you when they talked about you having a "bad attitude" and not wanting to engage in activities.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 08:05:51 pm »

Still didn't really do anything for my birthday except eat a lot of baked goods, but today is my dog Lilly's birthday and she got some pretty nice cookies.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:51:38 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 08:57:40 pm »


Heel squeeze = Walk
Second Heel Squeeze = Fast Walk
Heel Squeeze w/ double click = Trot
Second Heel Squeeze w/ double click = Fast Trot
Heel Squeeze w/ kiss = Canter
Second Heel Squeeze w/ kiss = Fast Canter
Third Heel Squeeze w/ kiss = BOOH Canter


Dang, I can't remember all that and you expect a hoss to?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 09:07:20 pm »

Dang, I can't remember all that and you expect a hoss to?

Yeah! I was going to say, dang, that seems close enough to me.

They are dog cookies. There were lots of others available, but they are small dogs, so I had to restrain myself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 09:22:00 pm »

Wombat-- happy late birthday.

cort--

if you had been at my camp, the other counselors would have had a lot of issues with you, and I would have liked you a lot and defended you when they talked about you having a "bad attitude" and not wanting to engage in activities.

All I'm saying is any kind of summer camp where you have to be outside for more than the mandatory hour of sports time or social-hour is not for me. I prefer camps where you have to fill out a 4-page college application to get in and there's no reason to bring swimming trunks.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 09:42:16 pm »

If you're feeding him and giving him a warm place to live that's safe from the cougars, that stuff is the least he can do.

You know, I am interested in animals, but I am no bunnyhugger. In fact I am even working on a new blog about what dickheads animals can be.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up