Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Wombat Day  (Read 8838 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 09:46:46 pm »

Quote
All I'm saying is any kind of summer camp where you have to be outside for more than the mandatory hour of sports time or social-hour is not for me. I prefer camps where you have to fill out a 4-page college application to get in and there's no reason to bring swimming trunks.

Yeah. See. I was mostly like that back when I went to camp too. I think I am slightly different now, but...
the other counselors had a hard time understanding why some kids didn't want to swim in the lake or play ultimate frisbee.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 10:31:03 pm »

Happy late  birthday, wombat.

The cougars mention reminds me that I saw one in a nature center the other day. After I passed it, it started stalking either me or the elk in the next pen


The elk were very friendly


Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 10:38:30 pm »

OMG an elk is kissing you? That is not something you see every day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 11:46:41 pm »

Every day should be Wombat Day!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 11:56:38 pm »

Yeah, when you write it out it sounds complicated but it's really hoss level simple. The heel squeeze is just a trigger to say 'do what you're doing but faster'. You use that in conjunction with no sound/double click/kiss which is what indicates the pace you're calling for.

What I'm hoping is that the damn hoss just felt real good and wanted to air out the kinks this time out.

If not, I'm going to call up Wombat and put her on the phone with him and let her talk him around.

Wait...Wombat, you wouldn't give him a talk about how he really shouldn't have to put up with some human on his back all squeezing and making noises at him, would you?

How do you stop it?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 02:39:32 am »

Every day should be Wombat Day!

I heartily agree.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 08:16:29 am »

Ugh, I kind of forgot hosss don't just run into buildings and other hosss and stuff.  Still probably good to know how to stop them though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 01:44:34 pm »

Ugh, I kind of forgot hosss don't just run into buildings and other hosss and stuff.

This is the big advantage of the equine over the automobile.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 02:18:07 pm »

How, how, how did I miss this thread? 

Happy belated, Wombat, dear. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 03:24:17 pm »

OMG an elk is kissing you? That is not something you see every day.
Yeah, you know, I was thinking at that the time that I never previously thought that I would get to pet an elk.At first they were just laying down, then one came over to see us--and a few minutes later, the other. I got a big kick out of how much they like to be pet I stepped aside to let a little girl have a go and the elk followed me to get more attention. Eventually one of them snarfled her hair and she giggled with glee. The male was a lot more slobbery.

The nature center visit was part of a trip to see my stepdaughter, who is at a school/ranch/residential treatment center in Wyoming. It was a good time.


The friendly elk are in Red Lodge, Montana if anyone wants to visit.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 05:20:11 pm »

residential treatment center

That doesn't sound too good.

I remember your daughter, a sweet little lady as I recall.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 05:31:10 pm »

That sounds worse than it is. Ah, you know. It's hard, but it's fine. She's doing well, working hard, and in a good place.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 05:33:07 pm »

You know, I am interested in animals, but I am no bunnyhugger. In fact I am even working on a new blog about what dickheads animals can be.

You are familiar with Dogs in Elk, I trust?
(I know one of the commenters in the original thread from another board.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 05:36:33 pm »

Dogs in Elk is already there. But, good call, more suggestions are extremely welcomed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Wombat Day
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 05:49:45 pm »

Don't miss the version illustrated with pumpkin carvings, which I link to here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up