Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220781 times)

0 Members and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #765 on: February 10, 2011, 02:21:51 am »

I remember that!

Judy is really passionate about cover bands, isn't he?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #766 on: February 11, 2011, 02:35:44 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #767 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »

Beautiful... however I envision Mssr. Fry watching that, and then going to the door of his flat and locking the deadbolt.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #768 on: February 13, 2011, 03:34:17 pm »

I think he'd be mildly flattered and heartily amused.

Also, I am in love with that girl. She is smokin' nerdy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #769 on: February 13, 2011, 04:58:42 pm »

Oh totally.

It's just a bit... presumptuous.

(I'll admit that I saw that before I even got out of bed this morning, and then watched a bunch of her other videos and then suddenly it was an hour later and I'm still watching Ukulele videos in bed.)

Speaking of the Hazards of Uke, this ukelele video prompted me to buy her album on the spot.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #770 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:17 pm »

What is it with cute girls and ukeleles?  Hell, I even know one myself.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #771 on: February 13, 2011, 08:36:47 pm »

Ukeleles are just way too much for me. Way too purposely cutesy. It seems like the only variety of music you can play on a ukelele is "look how cute I am, I am a cute nerdy girl on the internet, check out how I am playing this tiny guitar thing!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #772 on: February 13, 2011, 09:26:52 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #773 on: February 13, 2011, 09:29:12 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
"look how cute I am, I am a cute nerdy girl on the internet, check out how I am playing this tiny guitar thing!"

This is a pretty damn good summary of 33% of Youtube, Dan.

A modestly attractive woman doing something for the camera wherein the thing she is doing is merely a cover for the hope people will masturbate to her moving image.

Throw in animals what think they're people and shitty power ballads played over poorly-edited compilations of anime shows and we got the whole thing covered.

Have a can for your insight.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #774 on: February 13, 2011, 10:02:37 pm »

yeah, every woman i've ever met has an intense hope that people will masturbate to the thought of her.

what the fuck?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #775 on: February 14, 2011, 12:17:22 am »


A modestly attractive woman doing something for the camera wherein the thing she is doing is merely a cover for the hope people will masturbate to her moving image.


yeah, every woman i've ever met has an intense hope that people will masturbate to the thought of her.

what the fuck?

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. While there are a surprising number of women who get off on the idea of arousing strangers, and an equal number would be horrified by this idea, I think the majority are hoping that dudes think she's cute and hot and maybe watch the video a couple of times and run it back to that one part where maybe you can catch a glimpse of her boob.

Girls like to make guys think they're hot, as long as the guys don't actually approach them about it. It's a sick little game (some) (many) (most) women play. One of the top 10 reasons I'm glad I'm off the market.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #776 on: February 14, 2011, 01:11:37 am »

I have funny ideas about how people express their sexuality.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #777 on: February 14, 2011, 03:07:15 am »

Ukeleles are just way too much for me. Way too purposely cutesy. It seems like the only variety of music you can play on a ukelele is "look how cute I am, I am a cute nerdy girl on the internet, check out how I am playing this tiny guitar thing!"

Maybe it's obnoxious how the ukulele has been appropriated by cute, nerdy hipster girls on YouTube, but it's a real instrument with a longish history of legitimate musicianship. I will not abide this ukulele slander!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #778 on: February 14, 2011, 04:35:24 am »

Exlpain Joerg sMets.

Explain Joerg.

It's a wider world of weird and awesome than some can handle, y'know.

I love the way he says coconut.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #779 on: February 14, 2011, 04:45:14 am »

What is wrong with cute girls playing the ukulele?  It's fun.  What a bunch of curmudgeons.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 104   Go Up