Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220281 times)

0 Members and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #825 on: March 29, 2011, 01:14:55 am »

It's got 6 million more views since yesterday.

Over a million "dislikes" today.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #826 on: March 29, 2011, 05:12:12 am »

I opened that in the background and then, when I got to that tab maybe 10 minutes later, there were over 100 new comments.

My favorite comment was something like "the best part of the video is when fat Usher shows up."
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #827 on: March 29, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »

I had managed to avoid that until last night.  Man, that's lousy.  But I also feel sort of bad for her.  This was pretty much a vanity song/video, I don't think anyone was saying she was a professional, but thanks to the interwebs it's all over the place now.  But, she got to go on Leno, so there's that.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #828 on: March 29, 2011, 02:09:29 pm »

I had managed to avoid that until last night.  Man, that's lousy.  But I also feel sort of bad for her.  This was pretty much a vanity song/video, I don't think anyone was saying she was a professional, but thanks to the interwebs it's all over the place now.  But, she got to go on Leno, so there's that.

Really?  So what's the story there?  Is she rich and can afford to hire a professional videographer to shoot a video of her super terrible song?  I guess that's what's throwing me off.  Most "vanity" videos on you tube have a sheen of amateurishness about them.

Edit:  I must be obsessed with this song because I've watched it 3 times now.    I wanted to watch it again to confirm to myself if it is as professionally shot as I remember.  That's when I stumbled upon this which brings me back to my original thought that this is some kind of spoof.  If it is, whoever did this is a genius.  They've fooled millions.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #829 on: March 29, 2011, 04:31:44 pm »

Really?  So what's the story there?  Is she rich and can afford to hire a professional videographer to shoot a video of her super terrible song? 

Wikipedia sez her parents paid $2K to a vanity studio for the song and the video.  The studio people wrote the song, not Ms. Black.

wiki linki
(edited to fix link)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:34:15 pm by Carlos del Vaca »
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #830 on: March 29, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »

I initially saw it on another messageboard. There were several videos from the same "studio" posted there - all roughly the same deal.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #831 on: March 29, 2011, 05:46:21 pm »

My ladyfriend linked me to an article that put it plainly to me in a way I enjoyed.  It also keyed into why all of the parodies have fallen flat for me (except the bad lip reader, which is earwormy in it's own right.)

It's a song about a 13 year old living a 13 year old's fantasy.  That makes me like it quite a bit.

"I've got a hectic morning, but my friends make it ok.  Also it is the weekend, and there is a party.  Awesome!"
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #832 on: March 29, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »

I'm not proud - I will point out that for me at thirteen the weekend meant Dungeons & Dragons or the arcade. (Actually, I guess that would have been roughly when I was transitioning into the weekend meaning bong hits.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #833 on: March 29, 2011, 06:39:50 pm »

Seems like something to be proud of to me!

Also:

I just discovered and started listening to the Beatles week before last.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #834 on: March 29, 2011, 07:03:45 pm »

When doing a cover, make it your own.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #835 on: March 30, 2011, 03:42:14 am »

When doing a cover, make it your own.

That's worth a can.

It's still a terrible song, but she's not a terrible person. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #836 on: March 31, 2011, 02:36:32 am »

So I guess I'm the last to discover this. Yeah, maybe it's a bit creepy, but it's also awesome. So awesome.

Extended version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL_n3F8JYQ

Put it in the pizza!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #837 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:56 am »

So I guess I'm the last to discover this. Yeah, maybe it's a bit creepy, but it's also awesome. So awesome.

Extended version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL_n3F8JYQ

Put it in the pizza!

Jesus fuck - I felt like I was hallucinating!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #838 on: March 31, 2011, 03:32:11 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 104   Go Up