Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 219559 times)

0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1005 on: June 26, 2011, 04:39:53 am »

Badass moving a trailer (sorta long). Ash, for some reason I thought you'd appreciate this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1006 on: June 26, 2011, 10:30:00 am »

Why is he taking the trailer down the mountain empty?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1007 on: June 26, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »

Why is he taking the trailer down the mountain empty?

If that's your takeaway here, I got nothing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1008 on: June 26, 2011, 04:16:45 pm »

Skill!  That trucker should just use this clip as a resume/reason to demand a raise.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1009 on: June 26, 2011, 06:51:43 pm »

If that's your takeaway here, I got nothing.

Sure, I marveled at his driving skill, but I'm also curious why he was headed down the mountain unloaded.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1010 on: June 27, 2011, 12:16:42 am »

Sure, I marveled at his driving skill, but I'm also curious why he was headed down the mountain unloaded.
I'm looking at that clip and I don't that it's conclusive that he's necessarily going down the hill. He may be going downward in the clip, but who knows why. And maybe there are two different places he is going to load. Maybe he brought stuff up, and only needed to bring half of the stuff back down. You've ruined christmas.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1011 on: June 27, 2011, 01:23:47 am »

The guy probably does it 17 times a day, every day.  It's been boring to him since his fourth day on the job.

He hates his life.  Maybe today is the day he says screw it and floors it over the edge.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:11:25 pm by AugustWest »
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1012 on: June 27, 2011, 03:57:54 am »

I'm looking at that clip and I don't that it's conclusive that he's necessarily going down the hill. He may be going downward in the clip, but who knows why. And maybe there are two different places he is going to load. Maybe he brought stuff up, and only needed to bring half of the stuff back down. You've ruined christmas.

Those rigs are pretty specific.  They are pretty much exclusively used to haul logs.  But you are right, he probably picked up from the high point first and will fill up the rest of the truck from lower down the mountain.

Christmas is saved.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1013 on: June 27, 2011, 11:45:20 am »

Those rigs are pretty specific.  They are pretty much exclusively used to haul logs.  But you are right, he probably picked up from the high point first and will fill up the rest of the truck from lower down the mountain.

Christmas is saved.

Until Daddy gets heavy into the bourbon.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1015 on: June 29, 2011, 06:31:01 am »

Just killing the hogs wasn't enough?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1016 on: June 29, 2011, 08:32:02 am »

Just killing the hogs wasn't enough?

I know - insult to injury!

Hey, this will make it all better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1018 on: June 29, 2011, 08:56:30 am »

It appears that's actually a duplicate of another YT video. It may have been posted here before.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1019 on: June 29, 2011, 08:59:32 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 104   Go Up