Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 104   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread  (Read 220127 times)

0 Members and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1380 on: June 09, 2012, 05:59:11 am »

I think this makes me love Mr. Rogers even more.

I don't know if it's just the mood I'm in right now, but that was very beautiful.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1381 on: June 09, 2012, 09:00:01 am »

I don't know if it's just the mood I'm in right now, but that was very beautiful.

I know.  I get misty eyed watching it each time.  He really had a deep belief in the worth of his young viewers and our capacity to be great.  The clips chosen also highlight how nurturing he was.  I've never seen anyone else look into a camera and directly connect in such a compassionate manner with the viewer. If he were alive today, I have no doubt he would have loved this remix.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1383 on: June 10, 2012, 06:17:43 am »

adventure waiting just ahead.

I've heard that theme song thousands of times, but only now for the first time did I notice the strong southern accent of the singer. So I looked it up and what'dya know it was recorded by Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass. Reading the article though, it appears he's from Massachusetts and didn't move to Nashville until he was pushing 40, so the southern accent is almost certainly feigned.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1384 on: June 12, 2012, 01:52:23 am »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1385 on: June 12, 2012, 01:08:56 pm »

Ahm. Uhm. Cats.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1386 on: June 12, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »

That there is quality laughs
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1387 on: June 14, 2012, 11:39:08 pm »

incest

SFW, but your mind might get blown.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1388 on: June 14, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »

My wife and I might share a grandmother about 5 to 7 generations back.  The names are the same, but biographic details from her side of the family are sketchy (displaced Okies from the Dust Bowl years).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1389 on: June 15, 2012, 12:22:03 am »

good lord, I hate this guy's presentation style.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1390 on: June 21, 2012, 12:45:37 am »

I think this is beautiful. NSFW, 8 1/2 min long and possibly too pretentious for anyone who doesn't like contemporary dance, so your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:55:59 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1391 on: June 21, 2012, 07:15:10 am »

When did YouTube start allowing titties?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1392 on: June 21, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »

it only took me 20 seconds to realize that it isnt for me.

also: i guess thats the video that everyone is freaking out about because of "shia's lebeef"....... hm.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1393 on: June 21, 2012, 04:16:57 pm »

Yeah, that's what initially brought me to the clip.  Wanting to see a dude's wang.  I've never liked that guy until now.  It's a smart career move to balance off Transformers with something this arty.  It gets people thinking about him in a different way any way.  As for your question Paul, there is a whole area of YouTube that does this direction. 

And now for a change of pace:

This reconfirms my life-long crush on Gary Oldman.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Youtube Thread
« Reply #1394 on: June 21, 2012, 07:21:04 pm »

Yeah, that's what initially brought me to the clip.  Wanting to see a dude's wang.

Wait, there's a dude's c*ck in there too? Dang YouTube, what's happened?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 104   Go Up