Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Douglas Adams Interview  (Read 8435 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 10:10:31 pm »

*The joke here is that The Wayans Brothers are so unfunny that Pauly Shore seems funny by comparison.

That explanation is really giving it the Wayans touch Paul.  Because if something is funny, it must be funnier if you squeeze every last drop of humor out of through repetition and making the joke really obvious.  Taking things to the extreme and then past it.  That's what those hilarious Wayans brothers do.  And you did that in your post, almost as if in tribute to them.  That's why it was funny.  Because you explained things to a ridiculous extent.  You used the funny like a hammer between the eyeballs.  And that's what the Wayans brothers do.  Which was funny.  To explain than in the same way the Wayans brothers would.  That way. Which was funny like Wayans brothers -- what you did.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:52 pm »

Tonight on the WB:  "Shitload of Wayanses," followed by "Three More Wayanses We Just Found."

(credit: the Onion a few years back)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »

I've been to a Pentecostal church and watched that scene.  It's hard to keep a straight face, but it's pretty hilarious to watch.

I was a young teen, and hadn't ever seen or heard of anything like that.   I was cool with the singing and clapping, but the shuddering, arm waving, and gibbering invoked creeping terror.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 02:54:52 am »

I figured I had to watch it if I was going to get laid.

Well?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 07:26:33 am »

come on we all know paul's a gentleman and gentlemen don't kiss and tell


so i'll tell it for him: "it was meh"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 04:39:10 pm »

so i'll tell it for him: "it was meh"

Ha ha, yep.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »

come on we all know paul's a gentleman and gentlemen don't kiss and tell


so i'll tell it for him: "it was meh"

Paul doesn't have to kiss and tell, because he has pictures. He can kiss and slideshow.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 05:54:54 pm »

I must add that she was very insistent.  She brought the movie over to my house and got angry when I told her I didn't want to watch it.  But she must have believed that I would have to change my opinion once I actually saw it because she brought it over again the next day. 

Here it is condensed down to 7:30 seconds of the best stuff.  Most of this shit had her howling.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 06:13:12 pm »

Farts sure are funny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 12:41:30 am »

Tonight on the WB:  "Shitload of Wayanses," followed by "Three More Wayanses We Just Found."

(credit: the Onion a few years back)

Kinda like how these days TBS stands for "Tyler's Black Sitcoms."
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2009, 05:56:16 am »

Jesus, really! I saw a promo for his sitcom that claimed it was the #1 cable sitcom of all time (not that there's a ton of competition) but watching the promo I wondered, does anyone, anywhere, think that shit is funny?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:47 pm »

I just found out that Tyler Black existed like last week. I'm still not sure who he is or why's he's famous, but I now recognize that I should know his name. For some reason.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2009, 02:40:04 pm »

I think you mean Tyler Perry.  Wikipedia says Tyler Black is a wrestler (though knowing Cort, maybe he does mean that guy).

He's done a bunch of movies that have been hits in the African-American community, but white folks hardly know about.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2009, 02:41:39 pm »

Yes, Tyler Perry. I have heard of Tyler Black, too but I also don't know anything more than his name.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas Adams Interview
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 03:23:13 pm »

Tyler Perry?  Wasn't he in Aerosmith?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up