Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else have this problem?  (Read 1793 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Anyone else have this problem?
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:21:46 pm »

Since I have been coming here until sometime last week, I would get to this website by typing "touamb" into, I don't know, that bar where you type stuff that takes you places on the internet.  Then, last week, it started taking me to google, and now it takes me to some type of interactive tomb theme park (?) in Boston. 

Anyone else notice this?  Anything I can do about it? (besides .com, my current solution)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:16:24 pm »

Be less lazy? 

I don't have this problem -- I use Chrome, so when I type "tou" it auto-fills "touamb.com" from my bookmarks. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:06:21 pm »

some type of interactive tomb theme park (?) in Boston. 

You have to give the link to that!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:15:11 pm »

You have to give the link to that!

I just did what Keith did and I got this.  Then I realized I mispelled TOUAMB.  I tried it again and I got this board.  I guess my browser is doing what JL described.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »

Heh, I guess Beland's website is in your history if you clicked the link in the "True Story" comic book thread. 

Funny. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:18:01 pm »

I've been getting the Wikipedia page for 'tomb'. I think maybe it's because Google's started offering you two links for the 'did you mean...?' suggestion. I just use the autofill now.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:47 am »

touamb ctrl+enter
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up