Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Dwarf Returns!  (Read 10126 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Red Dwarf Returns!
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:06:09 pm »

It's official:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1129882/Cult-series-Red-Dwarf-set-come-Earth-TV-special.html

And since the first 5 seasons are available via Netflix Instant Access, nobody has an excuse for not coming up to speed on the Boyz from the Dwarf. 

Who's excited?  (Me.  I am.) 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:18 pm »

OK, but how do I get to see it if I do not live in England?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:19:22 pm »

I'll believe it when I see. Much like the movie they've been working on for 7 years.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 07:19:35 pm »

That's a pretty good show.  Are they bringing back the original cast?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:32:34 pm »

Norman Lovett is not being asked back as Holly, mainly because he's a whiny cunt they can't afford him. No word on whether Hattie Hayridge is going to partake or if Holly is going to be in it at all. The four mains are all involved, though. Robert Llewellyn has been blogging about it (too lazy to fnd lnk), and he has described the budget for these four shows as "itty-bitty."

Two of the episodes are not going to be "episodes," per se - I've heard references to a half-hour improv session and a "clip show with a difference," which may be the same thing, but only two of the episodes are supposedly in continuity or whatever.

Personally, speaking as a guy on the Internet, I suspect these shows are going to be disappointing, unfunny, and a depressing reminder of our own fleeting mortality. Could be wrong though!
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:38:54 pm »

OK, but how do I get to see it if I do not live in England?

Hopefully, BBC America/PBS.  That's my best guess, anyway. 

If nothing else, there should be a DVD release a few months after the original airdate.  And it'll probably end up on Netflix Instant eventually.  That's probably how I'll catch it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 09:41:40 pm »

If I actually, properly enjoy these I'll eat a pair of my own socks.

(Left one for the first episode, right one for the second. Fair's fair.)

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »

Hey, here's something all official-like (may be spoilerish):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7851989.stm
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:09:08 pm »

Hopefully, BBC America/PBS.  That's my best guess, anyway. 

But apparently it is not a BBC production?

But Bimmicus is right. Odds are it's going to be perfectly awful. There is no point in being in a rush to be disappointed. Although it looks like I could be disappointed in advance by weekly blog updates if I like.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:42:13 pm »

The new logo is shiny.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 11:28:32 pm »

Sigh... Hattie... sexiest disembodied head ever, amirite?
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 11:35:56 pm »

Hey, here's something all official-like (may be spoilerish):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7851989.stm


So, that is the thing I meant to link to in the first place.  Sorry. 

I'm trying to keep my hope alive.  But honestly, Craig Charles rocks my world, so it doesn't really matter if the show sucks.  He's so beautiful, he can do no wrong. 

I even find his odd habit of forgetting to close his mouth at the end of words ending in "-er" a little bit endearing.  I get a chill up my spine every time he says "Rimmah." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 12:22:40 am »

Speaking as a red-blooded boob-loving male, I always found Mr. Charles kinda dishy myself.

It's the accent. I'm a right sucker for accents.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 04:28:39 am »

Oh man, I want it so bad but I just know I'm gonna get hurt again. Did you people SEE series 7 and 8? Was worst show, made with ugliest script.

Though I could stadn to see the Cat do the shuttle dance again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 06:47:42 am »

I almost always wore ##### during showings of "***** Wars".  Almost.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up