Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Dwarf Returns!  (Read 10114 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 07:14:32 am »

...you guys just got a checklist of "Nerdy Things I Could Never Get Into" and you're just rolling down it, one by one, aren't you?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 07:17:36 am »

I have never watched this show, but I associate it with this guy who was my best friend until I realized he was a jerk.

Sorry, TV show.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 03:39:34 pm »

Oh man, I want it so bad but I just know I'm gonna get hurt again. Did you people SEE series 7 and 8? Was worst show, made with ugliest script.

Though I could stadn to see the Cat do the shuttle dance again.

See, I could stand to see the Cat get sucked out of an airlock and never heard from again. 

Also, I am really hoping to go the rest of my life without ever having to see Kryten cry again. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 05:16:06 pm »

See, I could stand to see the Cat get sucked out of an airlock and never heard from again. 

Also, I am really hoping to go the rest of my life without ever having to see Kryten cry again. 

But ambivalent Kryten is pretty sweet. And the Cat had that Tongue Tied song back in series 3 or 4.

To the series 7 and 8 haters out there I have one word: Cassandra.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:02 pm »

The other night the ladyfriend and I were watching the first episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.   At one point Picard commanded the ship go from Red Alert to Yellow Alert, and I announced to the living room, "Are you sure, sir?  It would mean changing the bulb."

Then someone stole my gym clothes.

fin.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 07:18:44 am »

what is this red dwarf
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 02:09:38 pm »

what is this red dwarf

I think it's a brand of chewing tobacco.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 03:01:31 pm »

Its a minor British role-playing magazine.  They cover a lot of Warhammer stuff.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 03:38:47 pm »

It's one of those cheeky cockney euphemisms for venereal disease.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 04:58:22 pm »

A failed Soviet kitsch micro-brew beer from the late 1990s.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 06:51:23 pm »

The b-side on Lust For Life by Iggy Pop
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 08:13:54 am »

i see the dear john letter has spilled into this thread

lemme get a red dwarf and clean this up

(red dwarf is a competitor product to sham-wow)


also can'd
all of you
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 10:15:02 pm »

It's a floor wax and a dessert topping.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 10:32:53 pm »

In I forget what video game, the Red Dwarves were small, shitty stars that never had any habitable planets. Just charred-out radiated crap planets.

Also, that warhammer magazine.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 11:01:07 pm »

In I forget what video game, the Red Dwarves were small, shitty stars that never had any habitable planets. Just charred-out radiated crap planets.


That's also true in The Actual Solar System. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up