Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Dwarf Returns!  (Read 10138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 12:29:15 am »

And we've come full circle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 07:19:23 am »

I'm going to jump in here and disassociate my name from this show.  I chose it as a pseudonym before they made a guy be named that in space.

Though it did make logging on to a MUD with this name and an admin named MrFlibble really, really, really confusing.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 02:14:42 pm »

I'm going to jump in here and disassociate my name from this show.  I chose it as a pseudonym before they made a guy be named that in space.

Though it did make logging on to a MUD with this name and an admin named MrFlibble really, really, really confusing.

Wow, I've only been CortJstr since '94 or '95 so I have to give props to a pre-1987 computer name.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 02:16:32 pm »

I'm going to jump in here and disassociate my name from this show.  I chose it as a pseudonym before they made a guy be named that in space.

Though it did make logging on to a MUD with this name and an admin named MrFlibble really, really, really confusing.

I always thought your name referred to the pioneer of microbiology.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 03:39:32 pm »

I thought it had something to do with Listerine?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 03:41:36 pm »

 I figured he just liked to make lists.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 04:10:23 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 07:54:39 pm »

I'm named for a library that was named for a guy who was named after that guy.  Also, it's like one vowel off from my middle name.

That said, I kind of liked the book Better Than Life.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 11:03:12 pm »

I understand they're making this three full episodes now. I said I'd eat my left hat if I properly enjoy the first and my right if I properly enjoy the second. So what should I do if I properly enjoy the third?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:24:21 am by Ruta Bagas »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:20 am »

Nowhere to go except under#####, my friend. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 07:29:45 am »

You'd make a very splendid computer, Mr. Spock.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 07:36:13 am »

by "sock" do you mean "rampaging hippopotamus" "hat" or "sock"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 11:25:05 am »

by "sock" do you mean "rampaging hippopotamus" "hat" or "sock"

I just realised I'd made this mistake and I RUSHED to an internet connection to fix it.

Transitions are hard.

In my defence I was confused because I was referring to a previous message from when the New Plan was not in place.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 08:32:26 pm »

Well... that's one hat safe.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Dwarf Returns!
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 08:59:18 pm »

Nooo. Really?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up