Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?  (Read 48822 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 04:56:59 am »

My aunt mailed me a Vosges Haut Chocolate Mo's Bacon Bar (applewood smoked bacon, alderwood smoked salt, deep milk chocolate, 45% cacao).

CHECK.

MOVING ON.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 04:46:57 pm »

been there, ate that, turned the calendar to 2007
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 06:43:41 pm »

been there, ate that, turned the calendar to 2007

The only chocolate covered bacon that I found tasty was one that was made fresh in some cooperative market on the Lower East Side. I also had the greatest sandwich of my life: a pulled pork sandwich where the bread was actually pancakes with mac and cheese cooked into them.

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 08:02:15 pm »

I'll bet that is the place I tried to go to a few months ago, but it was closed because they were at the Chocolate Show instead. A tiny little shop the size of like two phone booths, right? Now I am even sorrier I missed it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 10:48:30 pm »

I'll bet that is the place I tried to go to a few months ago, but it was closed because they were at the Chocolate Show instead. A tiny little shop the size of like two phone booths, right? Now I am even sorrier I missed it.

Yes, it is a whole bunch of places the size of two phone booths.

The chocolate place I don't remember the name of. The eatery with the sandwich is shopsin's www.shopsins.com . Their menu is orgasmic.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 01:02:16 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 01:10:25 pm »

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 01:23:56 pm »

Similarly:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/squeez-bacon.html

Every year one of Think Geek's April Fools products turns out to be so awesome that they end up making it for real. This will not be that product.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 02:41:57 pm »

Ooh I hope it's the Tauntaun sleeping bag. That is a thing I would impulse buy so hard.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 05:01:03 pm »

Ooh I hope it's the Tauntaun sleeping bag. That is a thing I would impulse buy so hard.

They said "Due to an overwhelming tsunami of requests from YOU THE PEOPLE, we have decided to TRY and bring this to life. We have no clue if the suits at Lucasfilms will grant little ThinkGeek a license, nor do we know how much it would ultimately retail for."
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 09:36:43 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencenews/5118283/Bacon-sandwich-really-does-cure-a-hangover.html

Hey Bobby maybe you ain't seen this one because it's from Europe or whatever or you don't count it because it's not American-style bacon and anything else is just ham or you already seen it because you have your various aggregators and Google Alerts programmed to go off anytime there's a bacon story just so you can keep your cred.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 09:42:47 pm »

This reminds me, is Baco de Mayo still a thing? I was talking about it the other day and when I googled it I only saw stuff from 2007.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 10:01:11 pm »

This reminds me, is Baco de Mayo still a thing? I was talking about it the other day and when I googled it I only saw stuff from 2007.

Both you and Turbo Ninja are in luck! It is now April 9. One month to Baco de Mayo.

I OFFICIALLY CARE ABOUT BACON FOR ONE MONTH. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SEND ME ALL THINGS BACON.

Cort: Baco is in Carderock this year, May 09, 2009. We got the pavilion. Email me for details.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bobby have you Seen This One?
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 11:37:29 pm »

Both you and Turbo Ninja are in luck! It is now April 9. One month to Baco de Mayo.

I OFFICIALLY CARE ABOUT BACON FOR ONE MONTH. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SEND ME ALL THINGS BACON.

Cort: Baco is in Carderock this year, May 09, 2009. We got the pavilion. Email me for details.


I would but your e-mail is hidden. And you block all PMs.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up