Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"  (Read 2775 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« on: February 04, 2009, 08:16:43 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042009

Does Lyle look weirdly off-model to anyone else?

Is it just that he's not in the glasses? All of his more intense expressions look like they're some other internet cartoon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

herofix

  • Guest
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 02:24:01 pm »

His back hurts and he's too old to play this game anymore.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:15:34 pm »

I loved this. I wish I had taken more classes like this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:22:50 pm »

What's black and tight?

A w(Mod Edit - Careful Judy!)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:15:05 pm »

That was lightly amusing.  Certainly better that the "Make your own jokes, jerks." strip. 

The correct strip title is, of course, "ACE OF GRADES!"
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:19:32 pm »

WORDS WORDS WORDS

and then

WORDS

Thanks for that.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:21:21 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042009

Does Lyle look weirdly off-model to anyone else?

I think he's put on a couple pounds. Happens to the best of us.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 03:21:35 am »

Much like The Latino Health Crisis (from the Great Outdoor Fight) and The Edge (from U2), "The Situation" is a great nickname because it is preceded by a definite article.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 05:50:30 am »

I think he's put on a couple pounds. Happens to the best of us.

That was my thought.

I loved "refried bean restaurants." The correct description for those places that serve refried beans topped with melted cheese next to slightly undercooked rice with every dish.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

psilocybe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 01:20:11 pm »

Fuck you if you didn't like this one. I mean come on, "Students are allowed  to offer me cocaine, although there is no signage"? Peeling potatoes to gangster rap about burning down zoos and hitting women with golf clubs? Jesus christ, one of the better Achewoods of all time. Although I will admit that during the long recent achewood downtime I was contemplating an assassination attempt. Right on.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 01:53:33 pm »

Fuck you if you didn't like this one.

It's a Fuck You Friday.

Welcome to the board. 

And fuck you.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

Yeah I basically liked this one.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

psilocybe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: February 4, 2009 - "something black and tight"
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 04:20:06 pm »

Holy shit, it IS Fuck You Friday! Thank you! I can't believe I missed that initially.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up