Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ardbeg and the Omega (11-18-03)  (Read 7993 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sammyjankis

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega (11-18-03)
« on: November 19, 2003, 10:03:08 am »

Me first!  Wow.  I feel special. :)
Ok - so there's no easy way to use Roastbeef's latest Tetris block.

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:39:03 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: The Ardbef and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 10:11:45 am »

Quote from: "sammyjankis"
Me first!  Wow.  I feel special. :)
Ok - so there's no easy way to use Roastbeef's latest Tetris block.


Hee!  and I kept checking, too.  it just wasn't up yet then I went to go watch some tv, and yeah ...well, I figure I cannot be the first forever this week ;D

My fav. bit was about the shooting doilies ..hah.  
That tetris move ..hmmm.  at first I was thinking he could quickly flip it, but it would greatly ruin the game no matter which way it goes.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 10:23:03 am »

Roast Beef was Phillipe's best man, for chrissakes! What the hell is he doin', doggs?! FOCUS.
Logged

sammyjankis

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 10:40:03 am »

Beef'll probably get a Pi symbol next. Bless 'im.
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 10:52:04 am »

Next is a Mobius-shaped Tetris piece. In a strip posted 5am next Monday.

It's time for my shot, Sammy.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 02:09:51 pm »

Quote from: "FeeReep"
Roast Beef was Phillipe's best man, for chrissakes! What the hell is he doin', doggs?! FOCUS.


Don't you see the symbolism? Omega is the end which is what Beef is worried Philippe might be up against. It's a brilliant look into the psyche of Beef.

Remind me never to visit a psimoon with him.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 02:26:40 pm »

I didn't notice in the previous Lyle/Mr. Bear strip that Mr. Bear's Mini is British -- i.e. the steering wheel's on the right.

Doily, doily, doily.

That's going to be my word for the day.

Doily.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 03:00:22 pm »

Okay, kids.  I'm laying down the law.  

no more "first post!" posts

What the hell, people?  This is not /.  If you have something to say about the comic, fine.  But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 03:51:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Okay, kids.  I'm laying down the law.  

no more "first post!" posts

What the hell, people?  This is not /.


It's not? Then what the hell am I gonna do with all these hot grits?

On topic, I can't wait to see what switch four does.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 04:12:09 pm »

The Omega tetris piece is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. Unlike even the last Hell Tetris, there is absolutely no use and no place for this.

What is Lyle's obsession with Mr. Bear and doilies, anyway? Does it date back to this strip, or is it somehow deeper?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 04:16:53 pm »

That's Ardbeg....  Was I the only one who had to Google to find out it was another brand of whiskey?  And me with my spouse a fanatical single malt drinker who often has Laphroaig around the house, although not dispensed in the car, thank goodness.

(Ardbeg has an irritatingly cutesy Web site and Laphroaig's is irritatingly pretentious.  It all tastes like poison to me, I fear.)

Doily.  I second the motion.  Doily.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Squee!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 04:20:40 pm »

haha.  Doily.

thirded!

So Volume III... O M G

I guess I should buy the first two though huh
Logged
We close our eyes and the world has turned around again..

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2003, 04:38:12 pm »

Both Ardbeg and Laphroaig are produced on the Isle of Islay, Scotland.  They're both very similar in formula - Laphroaig is a little "oakier" and Ardbeg is a little "peatier" but basically you cannot go wrong with either complex and mysterious single malts.

But DO NOT get the 10 year aged.  Spring the extra $20-30 and get the 15.  Your mouth will thank me.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2003, 05:19:04 pm »

Item 1: "doily" is not a word any more. Thanks a lot people.

Item 2: I figured there'd be no need to google Ardbeg since I knew somebody on here would explain it.

Item 3: Have you all forgotten about switches 1 and 2? We need some rampant speculation, stat.

Item 4: I had that "fresco" stuff at Taco Bell today. Not achewood related, I just wanted to pad my item list.

Item 5: Volume III? W00t as the kids are wont to say these days.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
The Ardbeg and the Omega 18/11/03
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2003, 05:22:00 pm »

"Complex and mysterious" meaning, in this case, "tastes like really evil cough syrup."  I guess "peatier" means "tastes more like it contains gardening supplies"?

I'm a chocolate person myself.  I know, girly of me.

But I will try to find some Ardbeg for a Christmas present, since it's not about what I like.  At least I will be able to enjoy the story about where I got the reccomendation.  Anyone know if there is a way to get the strip to print out with the alt-text showing?

(P.S. Doily doily doily doily.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up