Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level  (Read 6513 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 06:14:48 pm »

You know, it IS all about denyin' expectations at this level. 

Especially if this level is the one where you expect a funny strip on a regular basis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 06:17:59 pm »

If you didnt find it funny I'm sure you can write Onstad and he'd give you a full refund!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 06:36:37 pm »

Quote from: lprkn
Also, the greatest hits thing: so true.

"Hey, Nightswimming is a pretty cool song, I wonder if the album is..."

*DISAPPOINT'D!*

"I like that Andy Kaufman song, maybe I should find the CD used at the..."

*DISAPPOINT'D!*
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:13 pm »

If you didnt find it funny I'm sure you can write Onstad and he'd give you a full refund!

BACNT!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »

Yeah, wow. This.. is a first for me.  This is the first Achewood strip I've read that not only isn't amusing, but I can't even see the point he's driving at.  Is Ray supposed to be depressed?  Why is Teodor humoring him?  And why are they both acting like they are trying to honk out massive poops in the last few panels?  I realize this is free cartoon animal entertainment, but.. man.  What the hell happened to my favorite webcomic?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 07:54:21 pm »

The 'we have no right to complain because it's free' argument is so tired and stupid.  Are we not allowed to have an opinion of the strip because we didn't pay anything for it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 08:01:12 pm »

The 'we have no right to complain because it's free' argument is so tired and stupid.  Are we not allowed to have an opinion of the strip because we didn't pay anything for it?

These opinions have become blaring and repetitive. More effort is spent in expressing the same opinion one had last strip, and the strip before, and the strip before, and the strip before, ad-motherfuck*ng-nauseam, then would have been spent in just quietly abandoning the strip and finding other interests. Hell, some people here are talented enough to WRITE and DRAW a better Achewood than Achewood, if they actually spent the effort doing so, rather than the time bellyaching.

So, yes, everyone has a right to complain, but the old adage applies; the complaints are like assholes. Not fun to see and not producing anything USEFUL. Almost everyone here (yourself included, good sir) is smart enough to produce something better than Achewood if they expended their energy there rather than dissipating it with exactly the same complaints as before.

This waste of potential sickens me.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:26 pm »

Apropos of nothing, I just got a marketing e-mail from Joe's Crab Shack that included a picture of the "Rockin Poppin Pomegranate Margarita."  I couldn't help but think of Fiesta Max.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 08:54:40 pm »

Almost everyone here (yourself included, good sir) is smart enough to produce something better than Achewood

I'm not.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:54 pm »

"Hey, Nightswimming is a pretty cool song, I wonder if the album is..."

*DISAPPOINT'D!*

"I like that Andy Kaufman song, maybe I should find the CD used at the..."

*DISAPPOINT'D!*

I am not really sure what you are talking about with the whole Greatest Hits thing cause I haven't heard it, but what the fuck are you talking about here?  You know those are on the same album right?  Do you keep buying and returning Automatic for the People? 

Is the Greatest Hits a 4-CD set with Reckoning, Murmer and New Adventures in Hi-Fi and the two good songs on the rest of their albums?  Cause that would actually be pretty bad ass.  The also cover King of the Road, that should be on there.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Harlock Hero

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 15
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33:29 pm »

"Hey, Nightswimming is a pretty cool song, I wonder if the album is..."

*DISAPPOINT'D!*

"I like that Andy Kaufman song, maybe I should find the CD used at the..."

*DISAPPOINT'D!*

Man, more like...

"Hey, 'The One I Love' is pretty neat, let's check this shit out."

*DOCUMENT*

<3




I mean to say that the album "Document" is badass first to last.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 12:03:26 am »


This waste of potential sickens me.


::hangs head in shame::
Logged
ACHIEVE

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 12:32:40 am »


This waste of potential sickens me.


Who are you, my third grade teacher? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:42 am »

Yeah but you've published more articles in the last month than Onstad has comics.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th February 2009 - It's all about denyin' expectations at this level
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 01:16:14 am »

Anyway, I think I have those very ingredients in my kitchen.  It's not quite 12:45 yet, but I think I'm gonna have some migas.

In honor of the strip I made some tasty migas.  It took the Teodor part of my brain to think up the idea and the Ray part of my brain to make it happen.

Cue up Braveheart.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up