Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"  (Read 3972 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

guns and cigarettes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »

As a dude with not so occasional St. Elmo's Fire inside of my guts, I appreciate this a lot.

I know it's not very "post-Onstad-hiatus TOUAMB" of me, but I am still digging on this strip, PERIOD.

EDIT: Forgot link
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132009
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:13:02 pm by guns and cigarettes »
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:17 pm »

linklinklink

Beef's stomach does not get the same font as Beef; it talks differently.

Other than that, I just don't know anymore, you know?

I keep waiting for the SS Onstad to get off that sandbar and right herself, but it just don't seem to be happening.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 10:16:41 pm »

I respectfully disagree with lprkn even though he is bigger than me and if I recall, knows how to use weapons. For me this strip is why we put up with it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:36:26 pm »

Soy beans make me kind of gassy. Other than that, the strip is ok.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 10:43:45 pm »

I found it funny.

Beef's stomach sounds a lot like Barry Bass.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:50:15 pm »

The way that most fetishes actually only make everyone other than you cry is funny to me.

I dig that and so I'm with this one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »

Beef's stomach is wrong.  No job could get Showbiz's act together.  That cat is headed for Potter's Field at an early age.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 11:01:18 pm »

I was hearing Beef's stomach as Audry II. I guess I'm just too littler about him wanting to be fed.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 11:23:45 pm »

The grey cat with the poor eating habits tried a reverse Furry fantasy only to watch it backfire.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 01:00:40 am »

This strip is just what I needed after five hours of grading exams.

Also, well done on selecting the correct title.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 01:17:43 am »

I liked it. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 01:37:20 am »

No this was definitely a good strip. Also I tried googling 'fletcherize the beans' and the first hit was a new york times article titled 'does queer food make queer people' that starts off about a man eating grass, so it just keeps giving.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 01:48:40 am »

Oh wow. I like the strip, too, but like the article much more.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 03:31:58 am »

Fletcherize the beans.  Where does Onstad come up with some shit like that.  Was he reading the New York Times archives ahead of us?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 03:35:16 am »

Queer food. Next thing you know, they'll want to serve queer food in schools! And queer food combos will be expecting the right to be legally recognized as "meals"! The conservative cooks will be all like "The menu says 'steak and potatoes', not 'grass and sea water'. Kids'll go to college and experiment with algea. What's the world coming to nowadays? In my day... (grumblegrumblegrumble) Why, just the other day, I walked into my son's room and caught him fletcherizing! Disgraceful. (grumblegrumblegrumble) I mean, yeah, I was in the war, and down in that foxhole you can get real hungry. Your buddy's got some thistles, and he's willing to share, you know? Ah, you wouldn't understand.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:41:41 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up