Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess  (Read 6928 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

herofix

  • Guest
February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:45 am »

Like a lumberjack at Burning Man or something.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009

You're all welcome, btw, though I did take the opportunity to bash everyone on this board over there.  Big hot tranny messes that you all are.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:30:14 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009

Sixteen panels, one lonely little joke.

It IS a funny line, though. Sometimes someone you love IS a big hot tranny mess, metaphorically or otherhow.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:02:17 am »

29 seconds says this is the thread of champions and LFM is defeated by verbosity once again.

This is cerainly the correct title by the way and a lovely little strip but it is weird that 'stad is so hard up for time he is rereleasing subscriber only stuff. Was there any more info on his circs in there hf?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

herofix

  • Guest
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:06:33 am »

No, it's all very mysterious.  I don't think there's any question he seems a bit pressed for time.  I don't think it's full-blown writer's block, though running behind schedule can turn into full-blown writer's block pdq.

He said he's in the middle of two of the longer kinds of strips, iirc, and I seem to recall him hinting that he was gonna do another Myspace strip, though maybe those two things are one and the same?

He did a funny bit where Teodor gets 'pocket dialled' by Emeril at a restaurant, who is being extremely Appalachian or whatever he is.  So I think he's still got juice, but not a lot of time.

It's a shame. 

I'm sure we'll all soldier on though.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:59:06 pm »

What I want to know is where Philippe learned this. Lyle would be the main suspect, but he seems surprised.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:17 pm »


You're all welcome, btw, though I did take the opportunity to bash everyone on this board over there.  Big hot tranny messes that you all are.

Don't think some of us didn't notice.

I assume you meant it in the nicest possible way of course.

But moving on the psychoanalysis... The man has just moved his whole family to another state on short notice. Speaking as someone who also works at home and who merely had to pack up half my house for construction and figure out how to eke out an existence in the other half, I am amazed if he gets any work done at all. I don't think it's a question of lack of inspiration - no matter how much inspiration you have, you need a certain amount of undistracted time to execute it, and there is nothing undistracting about having your whole life in boxes in a strange place.

He had a whole thread over there asking the subscribers whether he should release this strip. It was more about whether he should have strips in the subscriber section or just the extras. I don't think it was a question of being desperate to put something up on the main site.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 02:53:27 pm »

What I want to know is where Philippe learned this. Lyle would be the main suspect, but he seems surprised.

From watching "Project Runway," no?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 03:44:07 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009

Sixteen panels, one lonely little joke.

It IS a funny line, though. Sometimes someone you love IS a big hot tranny mess, metaphorically or otherhow.

Ooooh, missed it by that much.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 03:45:52 pm »

I liked this strip better than any this year.  Simple, odd, character driven.  Achewood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 04:01:12 pm »

If tranny is used in the broadest sense, then Lyle may have a professional interest in big, hot, tranny messes.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 04:07:48 pm »

What I want to know is where Philippe learned this. Lyle would be the main suspect, but he seems surprised.

I assume he learned it from Lyle but Lyle was so drunk at the time he didn't remember.
Logged

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 06:17:44 am »

I assume he learned it from Lyle but Lyle was so drunk at the time he didn't remember.

Plausible. Lie Bot's another likely suspect, though.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 06:47:48 pm »

Quote from: AugustWest
Ooooh, missed it by that much.

I still say I nailed the subject line, late or not.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 01:19:05 am »

I still say I nailed the subject line, late or not.

I agree with you on that point.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 05:30:24 am »

I'll have to remember "a cute amount of money" the next time I get a job quote.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up