Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cola Flavor  (Read 19884 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 06:35:38 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Have you had Orbitz? The little balls are like wax. Ugh.



This is exactly how I feel about those foul 'Bubble drinks' that you find in asian restaurants and noodleshops. Tapioca is not a food.


I always order my bubble tea sans bubbles for that very reason.

I had a deep love of clear Pepsie, and remember buy out a store of all it's discounted clear pepsie when they finally discontinued making it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 07:17:26 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Have you had Orbitz? The little balls are like wax. Ugh.



This is exactly how I feel about those foul 'Bubble drinks' that you find in asian restaurants and noodleshops. Tapioca is not a food.


I always order my bubble tea sans bubbles for that very reason.


So it's just....tea then. Do you get strange looks when you order it that way? I would try that hear, but I think it would severely test the English skills of the people they have working at places that sell Bubble Teas.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 07:56:59 pm »

The order I actually make is "Bubble Tea no Bubbles" - the tapioca balls - which are usually black here (eww) always plugg up the straw no matter what I do, but then it's sort of fun to shoot them out of the straw like little frozen bullets.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 08:02:54 pm »

The bubble tea place I usually frequent always asks me if I want my drink with or without the tapioca.  I'm not sure if they do that for everyone, or just 'cause I'm a dumb white guy.

And I love my bubble tea with the tapioca balls in.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 08:07:16 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
The bubble tea place I usually frequent always asks me if I want my drink with or without the tapioca.  I'm not sure if they do that for everyone, or just 'cause I'm a dumb white guy.

And I love my bubble tea with the tapioca balls in.


So you like sucking balls?  (I'm sorry - it had to be said.  I'm just that mature)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 09:42:11 pm »

I was about 8 when Orbitz were around, so, yeah, I really liked them.  I'm sure now they'd make me want to kill myself though.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 09:55:41 pm »

We actually discussed Orbitz in my high-school chemistry class during our initial lectures about density. The real breaking point of Orbitz, IMHO, is not that there are tiny gelatin balls in the drink (although that is certainly a big ol' ewww) but that the drink is mixed to be the same density as the gelatin balls, so they'll be suspended; you end up with something thick and just generally not at the consistency of a beverage.

Still not as bad as the aloe drink, though. (And yes, I actually drank the aloe drink once; the SO loves this stuff, much to my regret. I bet he'd like the turkey soda, too.)

If I may ask a frighteningly white-girl question... what's the appeal of bubble tea without the bubbles? I thought the draw was the tapioca, which is why I've been avoiding the stuff, because I prefer my drinks without particulate matter.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 10:00:51 pm »

I'm telling you people. It's all about Switch. I think I'll have one now.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 03:39:55 pm »

Do you know they still make YOP?  It's great when you have a sore throat.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2003, 09:56:43 pm »

Quote from: "side _ show"
Do you know they still make YOP?


Ugh!  Ugh!  Oh god I want to die!
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2003, 10:08:17 pm »

Was that that bizarre "milkshake" stuff?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2003, 10:09:09 pm »

I'll bite. What is Yop?



I used to REALLY LIKE Yoo-Hoo, myself. Not good for a sore throat, though.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2003, 10:09:23 pm »

Liquid yogurt, man.

See here

Or, alternately, here
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2003, 10:11:52 pm »

Liquid yogurt! Jesus! The worst possible form for yogurt!

(The best, of course, is frozen into some sort of fudge-pop thing.)
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2003, 10:17:26 pm »

there's probably five different kinds of liquid drinking yogurt out there....my 4 year old loves them. But I can't imagine drinking that for a sore throat.

Personally, I think the only way I really like yogurt in a runny state is -

a) an indian drink called "Lassi" (LUH-see), go to a real Indian restaurant and ask for it sweet. They also make a salted Lassi which is more of an acquired test.

b) as a marinade, like on chicken Tikka, Tandoori chicken, or other tasty indian food.

I'm with V-adore, Frogurt is the way to go.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up