Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cola Flavor  (Read 19897 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2003, 11:18:41 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
a) an indian drink called "Lassi" (LUH-see), go to a real Indian restaurant and ask for it sweet. They also make a salted Lassi which is more of an acquired test.


My SO always gets a mango lassi as dessert

Quote
I'm with V-adore, Frogurt is the way to go.


Owner of the House of Evil (Your One Stop Evil Shop!): We sell forbidden objects from places men fear to tread. We also sell frozen yogurt, which I call ``Frogurt''! [...] Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: (worried) Ooooh, that's bad.
Owner: But it comes with a free Frogurt!
Homer: (relieved) That's good.
Owner: The Frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: (worried) That's bad.
Owner: But you get your choice of topping!
Homer: (relieved) That's good.
Owner: The toppings contain Potassium Benzoate.
Homer: (stares)
Owner: That's bad.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2003, 11:29:23 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Simpson's reference


Damn, you beat me to it.

But I really want a nice mango lassi now.

Oh, and I'm going to the store tonight to look for the beverage that started this thread.  I'll report back with my findings (assuming I don't choke on my own vomit).
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2003, 11:31:17 pm »

My two favorite odd and obscure soft drinks are Ale-81 and Ski.

Ale-81 (written as such, but you pronounce the 8 and 1 individually i.e. Ale-eight-one or "A late one."  Heh.)  is pretty much a Kentucky only kind of thing.  Very high in both sugar and caffeine, it's like a ginger ale with some vanilla flavor in it.  They just came out with a diet version, which is somehow shocking to me.

Ski is more of a southern thing.  It's like Mountain Dew, only more lemony.  I must live just north of the high-water mark of its distribution area, because I can't find until I go a couple counties south of here.  They've had Diet Ski for a while now.  I stock up when I can.

Anybody remember Kickapoo Joy Juice?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2003, 11:55:27 pm »

My favourite beverage, despite the fact I barely drink alcohol anymore, would have to be Corona Extra, nice and cold, with a slice of lime in the neck.
If it wasn't alcoholic I'd drink it all the time.
Only alcohol I imbibe now is the odd wine, the odd whisky, and the slightly less odd Corona when I can afford it.
By the way, Corona is somewhat rare across here, though it seems to be everywhere in the US now?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2003, 12:21:16 am »

Quote from: "slink"

By the way, Corona is somewhat rare across here, though it seems to be everywhere in the US now?


It's everywhere here in Canada.  The Sears Wishbook sells Corona crap right beside all their Budweiser crap.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2003, 12:31:58 am »

Dammit, CortJstr beat me to the Cursed Frogurt Sketch.  Although he did forget:

HOMER: pause ... Can I go now?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2003, 12:34:20 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Anybody remember Kickapoo Joy Juice?


Wait a minute - they made this for real?!

http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/detail.cfm?link=147
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2003, 12:46:22 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Anybody remember Kickapoo Joy Juice?


Wait a minute - they made this for real?!

http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/detail.cfm?link=147


I'm amazed. I thought that it was just a pop-culture reference to the comic, stage show and/or movie.

I imagine there is a subset of the US population that is annoyed by this product?

Also, the Corona question: Corona is ubiquitous in the US. As are Mexicans and Mexian-Americans, although in general I don't see them drinking it. I like Corona when it's really hot, mostly because it is the beer that most approximates water.  I sometimes wonder if it's one of those 'foreign products' that is 100% exported...like, if I went to Mexico and asked for one, I would get strange looks.

This happened to me in reverse in the UK, in Leeds. A friend there was very proud to offer me Budweiser, which I choked down as a guestly gesture. I never drink it here, don't like it. I guess it is something considered very "American".  Budweiser is the number one beverage consumed in all the island nations between HI and Japan, too. I guess the Marshall Islands and Micronesia are knee deep in Bud cans. I don't get it.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2003, 01:48:11 am »

On the "vile beverages" bandwagon, I once drank a lemon-lime soda with added jalapeno flavoring. The SO liked that, too; I'm really beginning to worry about his taste.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2003, 02:35:51 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I sometimes wonder if it's one of those 'foreign products' that is 100% exported...like, if I went to Mexico and asked for one, I would get strange looks.


As far as I know yes, it is pretty much an export beer alone.
And, I too hate Bud, but every fucker drinks it here... I never understand.
But then again, why were you in Leeds of all places? Had to spend a fortnight there again a couple of months back for work, and it's just such a shithole. Home to the number one car theft postcode in the UK.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2003, 02:48:39 am »

I can remember Kickapoo Joy Juice from summer camp in my junior high years.  I think it was Coke's answer to Mountain Dew prior to the release of Mello Yello.

Another odd soft drink I've enjoyed -- Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda.  Tastes like a Special Dark melted into club soda.  Or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2003, 03:26:31 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Another odd soft drink I've enjoyed -- Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda.  Tastes like a Special Dark melted into club soda.  Or something.

If this is actually good, I may have to try it. I've always wanted to try a good chocolate soda, but the ones I've had have been disasters. (My mother favors a Cherry Chocolate thing that's really just exceedingly vile.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2003, 03:38:35 am »

Arizona used to make Root Beer Float and frighteningly good Chocolate Covered Cherry sodas. They were really tastey but a little "thick." It wasn't gross it was just that after you drank one you needed another beverage to wash it down.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2003, 04:28:18 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Another odd soft drink I've enjoyed -- Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda.  Tastes like a Special Dark melted into club soda.  Or something.

If this is actually good, I may have to try it. I've always wanted to try a good chocolate soda, but the ones I've had have been disasters. (My mother favors a Cherry Chocolate thing that's really just exceedingly vile.)


I'm assuming Yoo-Hoo doesn't do it for you? I bet you could make a good one yourself. If you have never had a chocolate soda made correctly at an ice-cream shop soda fountain (and the art is dying...I usually have to shout instructions from across the counter) try it. And then try it at home with smaller amounts of ice cream til you have a tasty beverage of soda and chococlate. You might like it pretty good!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2003, 04:55:05 am »

My favourite drink for awhile was Snapple Lemon Flavoured Iced Tea.  Then they got bought out by Quaker and they changed the formulation.  Now it's shit.

Then I found an iced tea I *finally* liked nearly as much - Tradewinds.  And it came in these great long neck bottles.  Then *they* got bought out.  First they changed the bottles, then they changed its formulation.

Since then I have not found an iced tea that I can stand to drink.  Arizona is just awful.  Nestea isn't even consumable.  Lipton, etc. are all swill.

I drink Jolt cola when I can find it, and Coca-Cola otherwise.

That is, when I'm not drinking al-kee-hol.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up