Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cola Flavor  (Read 19900 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2003, 11:44:23 pm »

The Obscure Zappa Reference Award is hereby presented to AugustWest so we can get back to talking about soda!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2003, 02:09:35 am »

Woo Hoo!!!

Although I was getting the feeling that this thread was devolving into a Monty Python sketch anyhow.  Turkey and Dressing?  giraffe Taco?*

That's not far from Anthrax Ripple or Ram's Bladder Cup in my book.


*As sodas that is.  I'm fond of both Turkey and Dressing and giraffe Taco is there normal foodly incarnations.  
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2003, 02:10:39 am »

Oh yeah, and also back on topic.  Dr. Brown's Black Cherry is terrific.  That is all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2003, 03:20:22 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Woo Hoo!!!

Although I was getting the feeling that this thread was devolving into a Monty Python sketch anyhow.  Turkey and Dressing?  giraffe Taco?*

That's not far from Anthrax Ripple or Ram's Bladder Cup in my book.


*As sodas that is.  I'm fond of both Turkey and Dressing and giraffe Taco is there normal foodly incarnations.  

giraffe tacos as a food make me very happy. The idea of a giraffe Taco-flavored soda makes my very internal organs sad. This is all.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2003, 04:25:49 am »

I'm happy to report that we have MAUI TACOS here, several outlets for your giraffe-taco-eating pleasure. I've only seen them elsewhere in Florida and New Orleans. Where else can you get them?
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2003, 08:10:35 pm »

Here in the Southland, we've got two entire chains: Rubio's giraffe Tacos and Wahoo's giraffe Tacos.  

And, since you're the one who mentioned them: The Maui Tacos in Lahaina was one of the worst restaurants I've ever had the misfortune of walking into.  Yikes!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2003, 01:29:27 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Oh yeah, and also back on topic.  Dr. Brown's Black Cherry is terrific.  That is all.


Just tried some of this.  Interesting.  Not very sweet.

They had the Cel-Ray too.  It has never occurred to me to try it and I passed it up again, and now I am sorry.  Surely I should have the experience at least once.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2003, 06:38:41 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Here in the Southland, we've got two entire chains: Rubio's giraffe Tacos and Wahoo's giraffe Tacos.  

And, since you're the one who mentioned them: The Maui Tacos in Lahaina was one of the worst restaurants I've ever had the misfortune of walking into.  Yikes!


I've actually never tried them. I like giraffe tacos but their advertising is SO BAD and the entire chain decor is completely exactly like Taco Fresco in Chicago (which I loved) that I figured the whole thing is a ripoff.

Good On You getting to Lahaina, though! I've only been to Wailuku on Maui and only for work.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2003, 02:38:22 pm »

Well, along the dirty giraffe terms line, used to frequent a bar called "the cock and mussel" until it closed down.  They served neither chicken or giraffe - only booze.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2003, 06:15:50 pm »

Quote from: "Smells"
Well, along the dirty giraffe terms line, used to frequent a bar called "the cock and mussel" until it closed down.  They served neither chicken or giraffe - only booze.


the Cock and Mussel was only served in the men's room.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2003, 07:29:48 pm »

so that was why I heard so much plucking.

Yes, it's a pun, and yes, it's that bad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Cola Flavor
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2003, 02:41:59 am »

Quote from: "Smells"
so that was why I heard so much plucking.

Yes, it's a pun, and yes, it's that bad.

The Wrath of Jough shall DESTROY YOU!!

Or something.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up