Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does being sick make you ghetto?  (Read 8265 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Does being sick make you ghetto?
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:36:11 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:46:08 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:48:25 pm »

Sick, sick.  I woke up this morning with plugged up ears, nostrils like twin snot fountains, and a sore throat so bad I thought I'd swallowed a live gopher.  My son came in the room, climbed up on our bed, and laid his head across my stomach.  Through my t-shirt, I could feel the searing heat coming off the back of his neck, and my first conscious thought was, "Ah, shit.  I guess he's not going to school today."  101.5 fever.  The girl's still snotting (has been all week) but seems at least in good spirits today. 

And poor Pedro had to stay home from work and take care of all our sorry asses because I felt like my head had been stuffed with cotton balls and shoved into a nylon stocking. 

Not good. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:04:53 am »

Being sick is sucktastic.  I guess I've got it mild compared to some, but I don't like it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 02:32:49 am »

Weird.  Mrs. West has had a cold/sinus infection/crud for the past two days two.  Is it possible to transmit the rhinovirus over the internet?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 03:07:44 am »

I haven't had this season's cold, though it's been going around the office. Instead I think I got an ear infection somehow. Most uncomfortable.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:13:44 pm »

I am blissfully germ free at the moment (other than the usual benign freeloaders), but I made up for it over Xmas-fuck*ng-break with back to back colds and food poisoning.  I literally lost 8 pounds of body mass from not eating and bug-fighting.  Not a good way to slim down.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:10:03 am »

I was overcome after riding my bike home in a  storm the other night but I hit that mother hard with the decongestants and basically slept when I wasn't at uni so I seem to be over it, which is good because otherwise I would have missed a big uni party yesterday.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 02:56:31 am »

The Littlest del Vaca is just now getting over it, and big sister is just coming down with it.
I'm fine so far.  500 mg vitamin C every morning, fools!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 08:50:54 am »

There's norovirus going round my college.

I haven't caught it (yet) but it's like a damn cholera camp round here.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 11:12:02 pm »

Now I have the shitty sinus headache thing.  Tell you what though.  I went and bought REAL sudafed.  Well, REAL GENERIC sudafed.  Here is my drivers license Mr. Pharmacy Technician, hand it over please.

fuck*ng meth-heads and repressive governments aren't going to keep me from an effective anti-histamine.  No-sirree.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 12:25:28 am »

Wear the same p.j.'s three days in a row without a shower.

man that shower when you finally take it, man, it's awesome
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 12:50:14 am »

Yes to the PJs thing.

The way the wastepaper basket next to my desk (at home, not at work, that would be too far) stops merely being full of tissues and is eventually overflowing and surrounded by tissues and goes down into the tissues and becomes one with them in a big alps-like pile.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »

Stuffing today's used tissues into the box I emptied yesterday so I don't have to get up to throw them away. 

Letting my kid stay in his overnight "just in case" diaper, even though he's potty trained, just so I don't have to expend the energy to chase him down and make him wear under#####. 

Using leftover plastic cups and paper plates from my kids' birthday parties because the dishwasher's full of clean dishes, the countertop's covered in dirty ones, and I don't feel like dealing with either. 

Excusing myself from my son's birthday party last night to go lie down in a dark room with a hot towel on my forehead. 

Pedro and the Girl have both developed a stomach bug, on top of my probable sinus infection, Little P's persistent fever/snottiness and isolated vomit storm, and the Girl's continued nasal drainage.  So we're all in a bad way right now.  I fully expect the house to collapse into chaos by the end of the day. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 11:58:33 pm »

Dang, you make your son wash his own laundry?  Isn't he like under 10? 

Sometimes I wish my parents would have been hard asses, but they are like the nicest people ever, so I can't complain I guess.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Does being sick make you ghetto?
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 12:14:47 am »

Whenever I did my own laundry or dishes or whatever as a child, my perfectionist dad would tell me that I did it wrong and would re-do everything.

Eventually, I learned to not try in the first place.

I am America.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up