I'm curious. What are you guys doing with your tax refunds (if you're getting a refund) and stimulus checks (if you're eligible for those)?
Inspired by a recurring spot in
Real Simple magazine, I made a chart of how I'm spending mine.

This is just my federal return, which I got direct-deposited today. When I get my state return and stimulus, it will all go to debt reduction. We got a big refund this year on account of having had another kid.
So how 'bout y'alls? Have you filed yet? Do you expect a refund? How will you use the money? You don't have to post a fancy chart or list amounts or anything. I just think it's interesting to see what people do with a windfall. Do you save it? Pay off debt? Splurge on something frivolous? Invest it? Use it for something you really need but have been putting off? Donate it to charity?
We're using ours mostly to repay various kinds of debt and keep ourselves out of further debt. The $500 we put in our kids' bank accounts is money we had to borrow from them earlier this year. And we put $1000 in savings to bring it up from $0 -- various travel and holiday expenses and two early-year birthday parties wiped us out. When our return hit, we had $36 in our bank account, five diapers, and a week to go 'til payday, so it really came in the nick of time. And by the end of the day, most of it will be gone.
This is NOT the thread to discuss the political ramifications of tax cuts and stimulus packages. I just want to know how it's breaking down for various people -- purely academic.