I'll see your condescension and raise you one by pointing out that what you have just written is a reaction not to my question but to assumptions in your mind.
No, I answered the question on what I believe the personality is. Second sentence.
But, since we're on the whole assumptions kick, let me make a few and be done with this point, as it bores me:
Let's assume that this cultural phenomenon of the man being "the stupid one" is true. Lord knows, I don't see it, but then again I watch Battlestar Galactica, where the men and the woman are equally fallible (and, I might add, I don't walk away eyeing my Roomba suspiciously).
So, the world is permeated with this mass media image that men are somehow inferior or stupid. So what? IGNORE IT. Aren't patience and forebearance ostensibly "manly" virtues?
But what if it can't be ignored? Well, then why not try to convince people that they're wrong? Or discredit them somehow and render their arguments null? Or intimidate them into dropping the point? Or bargain with them to at least shut up? Or, failing that, punch them in the face?
Aren't the powers of reason, shrewd arguments, intimidating presence, business acumen, and brute force all ALSO ostensibly "manly" virtues?
What is considered a stereotypically "womanly" trait? Complaining and nagging.
So, do I see you ignoring people with flawed male stereotypes, or convincing them otherwise, or discrediting them, or intimidating them, or bargaining with them, or punching them?
No.
I see you COMPLAINING about it.
And you wonder why this stereotype persists.
Now THAT's some condescension, Sparky.