Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread  (Read 11843 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 07:49:54 pm »

He may not have picked it originally - he may have come to identify with it though, so when meeting a new group he passed the moniker to them.  In my own case, a high school teammate (rather unimaginatively) labeled me Jaydub.  Since there were about 50 other Johns at the school, it was a welcome variation.  In the case where a nickname is abusive (middle school kids nicknamed me "Little Rabbit" on account of my stature and overbite), passing that name on as your preferred ID says something about your self image I think.  I'm reminded of a buddy of my younger brother who, when conversation had lulled and boredom was setting in, liked to bring up something stupid he had done to get a rise out of everyone.  He was happy in his role as fool, apparently.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2009, 12:56:55 am »

My brother-in-law has retained his childhood nickname of "Pookey." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2009, 01:16:19 am »

If it had been "Poopy", I'd question his self-image.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2009, 05:52:40 am »

If it had been "Poopy", I'd question his self-image.

I once dated a woman that self identified herself as poopy #####.  It was a nickname given her by her ex who committed suicide.  I only went out with her once.

Actually, now that I recall, that date was pretty damn scary.  I mean, she was fucked up in the head, but was nice enough and we were getting along alright.  We were in her bedroom lying on the bed watching a movie.  We had just started to fool around a little bit when her 15 year old daughter came home.  We moved the party into the other room, but before long daughter was coming on to me, really blatantly.  Right in front of mother too who seemed a little uncomfortable with what was happening, but didn't do anything about it.  I presumed she was baiting me and had I taken the bait she would have cried rape.

I decided the best idea would be to bolt the fuck out of there.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2009, 05:40:28 am »

I started to write something about a threesome, then got all skeeved out.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The OFFICIAL Great Outdoor Fight Movie Thread
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2009, 08:36:38 pm »

Quote
I once dated a woman that self identified herself as poopy ******.  It was a nickname given her by her ex who committed suicide.  I only went out with her once.

After a few dates: "paul... I like you a lot. Do you want... do you want to find out why they call me poopy #####?"

The idea of a woman identifying herself by this name makes me feel kind of sick to my stomach.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up