Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Thread...  (Read 5876 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:26 pm »

I feel the same way about books and movies.

Jesus, I wish I did. About media in general. I have well over a thousand CDs and a decent collection of DVDs. A shelf of LPs and several shelves of books. To reduce the bulk I recently bought a couple notebooks for DVDs I wanted to hang on to but don't view very often (or possibly never) and tossed out those ridiculously wasteful cases. I have cut back on acquiring new ones because I figure that with Netflix that if I want to see a movie I can just put it in the front of my queue. I also just sold a few boxes of a books to a used book dealer. I need to do that again and then make better use of the library.

But CDs/LPs ... that's a different story. I should probably get rid of a bunch, but it's hard to decide which ones.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

herofix

  • Guest
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 10:16:43 pm »

Every time I see Ruta Bagas post I am canning him.

That avatar better not be from the 90th minute of the 2006 FA Cup Final, or I will de-can you once for every week Captain Fuckin' Fantastic spends in prison.  First you break our hearts and then you steal our magic Israeli?

Ice cold.

More on-topically, this house is just burstin' at the seams with books and records.  I even own a vinyl copy of Judy is a Dick Slap, a very fine B-side that is, too.  You hear that?  I own you!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 10:20:55 pm by herofix »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 11:57:58 pm »

LP's and Books are the only physical media I still have.

Those are also the ones I like the best, so...
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 12:35:05 am »

Yeah, I have no desire to own movies.  My friend is a movie collector, but I'd rather rent than buy any more. 

Except when it comes to stuff my kids watch over & over & over&over&over&over....

That's worth owning, I guess. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: No Thread...
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 12:51:08 am »

I had Lady and the Tramp memorized at the age of 2. 

Interesting note, I was playing bar trivia the other day, and one of the categories was audio clips from movies about dogs.  You had to name the movie based on the clip, and I had no idea on the Lady and the Tramp one.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up