I dunno, it's gotten to the point where I volunteer to be DD when we go out any more so I have an excuse *not* to drink. I feel like I wasted enough of my life either being drunk or hung over during the 3 - 4 years of figuring out who I was right after college, and now I just want to go out with friends and eat good food and talk about stuff other than how many poops my kid made yesterday.
My girlfriends and I went out last weekend, and I'm retroactively triple-glad I was DD, because in addition to not being hung over for what turned out to be a crazy busy day on Sunday, I am certain that if I'd had much to drink at all I would have had the balls to hit on the ULTRA HOTT waitress who was serving us. Instead, I just lost my ability to speak every time she came near the table, and my friends made fun of me a lot. When she brought the check, one of my friends made a point of asking her to show us the tattoos on her back so that she would expose even more skin, which very nearly caused me to pass out.
She was one of those girls who is so beautiful that the first time she walked by, I stopped mid-sentence and couldn't continue talking until she moved out of my line of sight. And of course, when we were seated, she came over and introduced herself as our waitress. I haven't had that kind of reaction to a random individual in a long time, I wonder what exactly was up with it...I'm prone to crushes, generally, but they tend not to be based so much on appearance as on intellectual and emotional connection, so for me to get all flustered by a beautiful butch girl in a bar is fairly out of the ordinary.
She was fantastic, though. Absolutely, tongue-tyingly, singularly gorgeous.