Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: This Be The Verse  (Read 6015 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 03:28:59 am »

Does her being a lesbian make her more attractive to you?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 03:31:06 am »

Does her being a lesbian make her more attractive to you?

Well, yeah. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 04:10:17 am »

I dunno. There's no added or subtracted attraction to potential availability to me.

Is this because I was a brooding mopey loser in high school and was just used to the idea that basically no one was available to me?

Is this a guy/girl thing or a me/you thing?

Moreover, doesn't her being a lesbian make it all the more frustrating insofar as you COULD have her but you're married?

If she's straight, there's no regret in the fact that she isn't into the idea of sharing some mouth-to-muff resuscitation as you couldn't walk that road anyway...

But halfway there is all the way to frustrating, I'd think. I'd think?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 04:16:38 am »

Well, I don't know, I guess I just assumed it doesn't really matter if you aren't going to do anything, no?  I mean, if you are, obviously lesbians would be your type.  But otherwise, yeah...  Is it the way she carried herself, etc.  The secondary lesbian effects?  (I assume this is why you thought she was a lesbian)  Or is it that in an alternate dimension you could be with her?  Or are women fair game for you?

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 04:20:07 am »

Well, I mean, there have definitely been some women whose attitude and posture was DEFINITELY "I do not like men sexually" and... if they had beautiful faces and rockin' bods, they were just as attractive to me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 04:41:16 am »

oh yeah, i was asking jl, I agree with you.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 02:40:49 pm »

Well, I don't know, I guess I just assumed it doesn't really matter if you aren't going to do anything, no?  I mean, if you are, obviously lesbians would be your type.  But otherwise, yeah...  Is it the way she carried herself, etc.  The secondary lesbian effects?  (I assume this is why you thought she was a lesbian)  Or is it that in an alternate dimension you could be with her?  Or are women fair game for you?

I dunno.  I mean, I don't know for sure that she was gay.  But when you see a girl with a buzz-cut and naked women tattooed on her back, you make assumptions. 

Actually, I usually don't make assumptions.  A lot of people thought I was a lesbian in college, just because I had short hair and dressed like a boy and hung around with lesbians.  And I really have virtually no sense for these things.  I just tend to assume that everyone is a wild card -- anybody could swing either way, or both -- until informed differently.  So in my little world, all women are bi.  But she was a little butch, too, and that's a definite turn-on for me. 

Long story short, there was basically no way I could have been with her.  But if I were single and had more guts, I'd totally have left my phone number on the credit slip.  So, yeah, I guess it's the "alternate-dimension" fantasy coming into play...halfway there is still halfway, which beats the ##### off of nothing, you know? 

At least I get to come home and tell my spouse about the hot waitress at the bar, and instead of being pissed off that I was looking at someone else, he's kind of into it. 

As it is, I realize now that the only thing I could have done would have been to write this:

If only...
...I weren't married
-- or wasn't faithful --
...if I had the nerve...

I'd leave my phone number here
Instead of a lame free verse
And hope you'd call
So I could tell you how beautiful you are
Over breakfast.

But fortunately,
Unfortunately,
I am, and I am, and I don't.

So instead I'll just tell you
How beautiful you are
And say good night
Instead of good morning. 


Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 02:46:01 pm »

Ooh, poetry? Here's some


All right, stop
Collaborate and listen
Isosceles is back
With a not-so-new invention

Something
Grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon
Daily and nightly

Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Turn of the lights
And I'll Glow

To the extreme I rock a mic
Like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump
Like a candle.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 04:45:05 am »

A lot of people thought I was a lesbian in college, just because I had short hair and dressed like a boy and hung around with lesbians.

Would that be more of an educated guess than an assumption?

And I really have virtually no sense for these things.  I just tend to assume that everyone is a wild card -- anybody could swing either way, or both -- until informed differently.

Me too. I'm always the last person to find out a friend is gay. The first time I met one of my friends, and he's a flight attendant, he told me he was gay and I was floored. I was sizing him up to see how much competition he'd be (this was when I spent a month in Germany).
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 12:40:26 pm »

So in my little world, all women are bi. 
Hey! Mine too!

Now I've busted rhymes best not repeated,
and you know some don't dig my flow.
But styles once dissed will soon be feted,
so chill; let those suckers come and go.
Growing up on clean streets didn't buy me credibility.
Just another white boy, they've heard it all before.
Shouting rhymes on a forum ain't Sense and Sensibility,
but that bitch Austen never brought bodies to the floor.
Is my story less real 'cause my piece is my brain?
You feel better cheering gangsters than the erudite?
I think your turf war is the thing that's mundane.
It's a movie only Charlie K could write.
That's line number twelve but before you disperse:
Let gangsters have their block, you got your own universe.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 01:15:04 pm »

Hey! Mine too!

Forgot to mention -- in my imaginary world, all men are bi, too...
 
:-*

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 01:17:21 pm »

That works for me. I'm not cute enough for the ugly guys to bother hitting on me anyway so I just get the benefit of the oggling pretty boys.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 01:48:39 pm »

I made this bread a couple weeks ago.  It was awesome.  Unfortunately I have the bad habit of buying all kinds of special ingredients, especially flours, and then not using them up later.  I have rye flour, wheat bran, bread flour, flaxseed meal, probably some other stuff cluttering up the kitchen cabinets.  I gotta bake more.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 03:40:18 pm »

In this here board what can happen will
a pedestrian poem is just grind to the mill
so we can talk major stuff like broads & breads
with bored english majors and young moms and dads.

Our topics grow wild, they branch in offshoots
you say "you do it wrong" - well your point is moot.
we're unique Koch flakes, just check out this graphic
right now we're talking food and all matters Sapphic.

That's why before I go I'll ask real quick:
You think this whole Ethanol schtick will stick?
(You suckas new it was only a matter of time:
from now on all replies must be made in rhyme.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:42:49 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: This Be The Verse
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 04:17:37 pm »

pols only pitch corn
because it's Midwest-vote porn
there'll only be progress when
we move onto hydrogen
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up