Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday MisterQueue  (Read 4181 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 04:06:37 pm »

Bobby, aren't you feeling a craving for some Burmese food? I know a place.

Let me run that by the ball and chain tonight - I'll send you one of those newfangled electronic mails.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 04:13:37 pm »

Last time I went to a burmese place (Myanmar in Falls Church) they wouldn't let me order what I wanted. Apparently they thought it would because they thought it would be too spicy for a honky like me. So later I ordered it as take-out over the phone.

It was way the hell too spicy.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 04:22:19 pm »

Last time I went to a burmese place (Myanmar in Falls Church) they wouldn't let me order what I wanted. Apparently they thought it would because they thought it would be too spicy for a honky like me. So later I ordered it as take-out over the phone.

It was way the hell too spicy.

I live a mile from Myanmar. They've never given me that problem before. I am darker than you.
What did you order?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 04:46:08 pm »

I live a mile from Myanmar. They've never given me that problem before. I am darker than you.
What did you order?


Chili Chicken, I think. The woman didn't flat out say "no" she just said I shouldn't order it because it's way too spicy. She said I should try something else first. So I got the ruby chicken. But when I did get the chili chicken next time it took me 2 portions of rice and a whole parantha to actually eat it all. I was glad I was at home where the waitress couldn't see me.

Something similar happened to me at Banjara out in Ashburn. The menu listed "Lamb Banjara" but had no description. So I asked what it was and the waiter said, "you don't want that. Only Indian people order that."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 04:55:51 pm »

So I asked what it was and the waiter said, "you don't want that. Only Indian people order that."

Did you have it anyway? Because that is the best way to make me absolutely HAVE to order something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 05:24:59 pm »

I would say there should be Hobot referencing. It says something about this board that we idolise the well written posters rather than the cute female ones. I feel like A-Dawg should be in there too somewhere, possibly
'A-Dawg: Really likes Jesus.'
'JL: Really likes Jesus, but sexily.'

Or at least a decent hawaiin shirt.

I'm thinking Bobby showed considerable maturity and restraint when he decided not to include me.  Probably for the best. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 06:13:23 pm »

I'm thinking Bobby showed considerable maturity and restraint when he decided not to include me.  Probably for the best. 

I actually

a) forgot about you
b) don't know anything of note about you anyway

Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 06:14:55 pm »

Did you have it anyway? Because that is the best way to make me absolutely HAVE to order something.

Or have a native girlfriend who eats spoonfuls of balachaung and dares you to do so.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 06:59:00 pm »

Did you have it anyway? Because that is the best way to make me absolutely HAVE to order something.

It was the 2nd time I'd ever eaten Indian food (and the 1st non-buffet), so I got something else.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 07:23:48 pm »

Finally, it's the avatar I've been looking for!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 11:05:21 pm »

I... I love you guys.

You should all know how incredibly lucky you are that 'hey internet person, want to go get burmese' is an option.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:39 pm »

Awwwwww.  Poor Doc. But, hey, you could have dinner with a real wombat!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 12:13:00 am »

Eh it's alright, me and Judy and Smells can team up and have a commonwealth party sometime. Until then the isolated hermit schtick kind of works for me.

Real wombats have terrible table manners though, they always make some snide complaint but still ask for seconds even when no one else is.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up