Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faith 'n Begorah  (Read 3426 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Faith 'n Begorah
« on: March 17, 2009, 11:39:41 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:59:50 pm »

Good God.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »

Dang. People at my office are just wearing ugly light-up hats.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 01:44:47 pm »

I do not own a green tie.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 04:16:33 pm »

I hope it is clear, I meant that in the nicest possible way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:54:35 pm »

Today I overheard a girl telling someone "I didn't wear green, but I'm wearing Orange, and that's like the other irish color, right?"

I thought about screaming and impaling her on a pike, but thought it would be in bad taste.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 11:25:21 pm »

A bit more of that naïveté and the world might be a better place, you know?

I quite fancied some Guinness today but I thought I might come off as one of Those People so I stayed away. (Though my hair would probably have seen me clear.)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:00:09 am »

Today I overheard a girl telling someone "I didn't wear green, but I'm wearing Orange, and that's like the other irish color, right?"

I thought about screaming and impaling her on a pike, but thought it would be in bad taste.

Pedro wore orange today.  But he's color-blind, so I think he actually couldn't tell the difference. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:56 am »

Wore green underwear, just in case anyone asked why I wasn't wearing green. No one did.

I hate it when a plan doesn't come together.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 03:48:45 am »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Luckily for you it has been a couple of hours since I stumbled in and I have sobered up a wee bit due to the delights of Angel.. Delight and Football Manager

I really like St Patricks day. First time I've experienced it whilst within the confines of a city centre (I was pub crawling) and it was just one big fairly awesome party.

Drank a lot a lot a lot of Guinness which I find fairly palatable, if expensive (discounts!), won a stupid hat for my stupid levels of Guinness drinking and was pleasantly surprised when the Pogues were played pretty much non-stop for about half an hour at the Student Union and I sang along whilst my companions looked be/am used. Unfortunately all the people who knew the words 'The Wild Rover' were in real pubs

I have had drawn on my left cheek a c*ck, a four leaf clover, and 'sexy', there's a crooked line on my right, and my arm has a worryingly deep cut and various daubings etched upon it

I was out with a Finnish and a French guy who were enjoying themselves immensely and can enjoy any form of alcohol ever in the interests of fitting into British society. I am not so keen on their alcohols which are either pure aniseed or extremely sweet, very strong liquors. But yes, they drank a lot of Guinness and we had lovely chatter

That is the end of my story for today

Also today I have listened to They Might Be Giants a lot as this is the first time I have any of their albums (I purchased all of them on the strength of 'Birdhouse in your Soul' and various others on Youtube) and I have band love. 'She's an Angel' is one of the greatest songs I have heard in a long time and it is hard to explain why, I have played guitar compulsively all day to their music

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWw4azYTTm8 This is why I love music

How can she say these things yet here I am alone, confused and desperately seeking some sort of direction?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 03:52:13 am »

I totally forgot it was st. patricks day, though I did hang out with some irish people for what that's worth. Once I was reminded I was all for green beers after tutes but by then it was 7:30 and people were depressingly non-amenable.

I love the phrase 'Luck of the Irish' though. The only thing worse could be 'Luck of the Israelites'.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 04:07:58 am »

I totally forgot it was st. patricks day, though I did hang out with some irish people for what that's worth. Once I was reminded I was all for green beers after tutes but by then it was 7:30 and people were depressingly non-amenable.

I love the phrase 'Luck of the Irish' though. The only thing worse could be 'Luck of the Israelites'.

That is an odd one.

Blessed with a land that is beautiful but boggy and non-amenable to the process of making yourself comfortable enough to get some civilising done, they are then bullied by stronger neighbours for most of their history, suffering from horrific famine, the trauma of mass emigration, the splitting in two of their country resulting in an on-going civil war of sorts, and are stereotyped around the world for being either a) fun-loving, gregarious but idiotic drunkards or b) work stealing, aggressive drunkards with a penchant for acts of violence and terrorism.

The arguably most famous and critically-acclaimed band in their history to produce music in the vein of the nation (The Pogues) were formed in London and are mostly forgotten bar a song played only at Christmas that is set in New York. Their sports are barely recognised the world over, leading association football (an English bastard invention) to become the most popular sport. Even then, their football league is so crap about 9/10s support either Glasgow Celtic or Liverpool.

Oh, and Americans/Scots love to say they're Irish no matter how many generations have passed for some reason, which is something a lot of 'real' Irish people I know absolutely despise.

On the other hand:

You could compile a similarly damning list on every other country in the world, ever.

They do have lovely accents, that's quite lucky.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Faith 'n Begorah
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 11:53:03 am »

I love the phrase 'Luck of the Irish' though. The only thing worse could be 'Luck of the Israelites'.

The lucky part is that you survive it.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up