Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09  (Read 4801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03172009

This is one of those where there's nothing to say till we see what comes next.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:11:35 pm »

Yeah, I don't think I understand the last panel at all.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 01:12:44 pm »

Yeah, the last panel should be the first panel of the next strip. Obviously one of those 'reads better in the archives' deals.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

hammish

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
  • Hammish has not been renewed for 2009.
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:26:55 pm »

"Now you will see me one more time, if you do good. You will see me two more times, if you do bad. Good night."

-Cowboy
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:45:32 pm »

I like this strip simply because it underlines that advice isn't necessarily good just because it sounds wise.
Logged

saniac

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:52:18 pm »

What side is Lyle's hair parted on? I know Onstad takes flippy shortcuts, but that is hella lazy.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »

Wolcott,
Don't you know that it's insane?
Don't you want to get out of Gainsvillle?
Out of Gainsville tonight?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:36:44 pm »

Lyle's got a new face.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:50:33 am »

Yeah, I don't think I understand the last panel at all.

I took it to mean that next time he saw her, exactly the same thing happened, down to Wolcott telling him to let her go and calm down.  Then when she flipped out on him again, Wolcott wasn't there to dispense his booze-soaked advice, and Lyle went after her to continue the argument, leading to the breakdown of the relationship.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 03:47:55 am »

I took it to mean that Wolcott was trying to get him to ignore Darlene, get her angrier so he (Wolcott) could get with her(Darlene). Which is why Wolcott isn't there the last time Lyle sees her (presumably to leave Lyle for good) - he (Wolcott) has achieved his goal and made himself scarce. I think Oball's solution is better though.

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:45:36 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 04:35:28 am »

I drew the same conclusion as Doc.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 07:37:39 am »

I'm just going to say that no one from Florida would call a highway "The 58."  This is an affectation that I didn't encounter until California.

Carry on.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 08:23:27 am »

lister is 100% correct

it's i-75 or route (rewt) 60 or the interstate or the turnpike or the old mill highway, which in actuality is a way old state route (rowt) that fell into disuse oncet they put up t'innerstate

here in cali all the freeways and state highways have names, which throws me off, especially when the douchebag on the radio tells me "the santa monica freeway is slow from crenshaw to la brea" and i'm like "wait crenshaw and la brea don't run through santa monica"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »

I drew the same conclusion as Doc.

That I'm right?  Why thank you.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: no sooner than I'd microwave two tin cups 'a whiskey - 3/17/09
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:24:31 pm »

Well, I said better, not right.
In a perfect world Lyle was not betrayed by his friend, Teodore is out of the closet, Molly is not a bitch and Beef's swaddling clothes was a wonder bread bag tied with a shoe string instead of an extension cord.
But we're not in that world now, are we?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up